the Rift

[OPEN] catch a falling star

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Astraea. The name was beautiful, of course. I hesitated, then turned back around to face the pair, my ears flicked back. Why did she want me to stay? Better question, why did she wish to know about me? Blue eyes switched to the other stallion and his feline. I listen as he speaks, calling me brother and family. I don't bother hiding my confusion and caution. "We are blood?" He looked much older than i... mayhap my mother had another, elder child? My muzzle streches out towards him once more, hoping that maybe i had caught his scent wrong, that somehow we were related and i was not alone in this land. But, the scent held no trace of either my sire or dam. We were not related.

I pull my head away, eyeing the stallion, Apollo he had introduced himself as by now, regarding him with more caution than before. Both had asked for me to introduce myself, and i blink before glancing down. "Iartă-mă, forgive me. My name is Cetan, i am also...new." I hesitated, judging their expressions before continuing carefully, slowly. "Thor brought me. I too am Sleuth." I nod towards Astraea, before dropping my gaze again. But once more i couldn't resist peering at the pair, gaze lingering on The Merciful this time around.

Like Thor, he too said we were family-yet-not-family. It was puzzling; how could one be family when one did not share the same lineage? I yearned to ask; i always had many questions, but always i bit my tongue and remained silent, not willing to speak unless i was spoken too. That was a lesson i had ingrained into every scar along my dappled hide. To be bold was dangerous, so i bid my time and waited for the pair to speak again. Mayhap they would inadvertently answer some of my questions in idle chatter without myself having to voice them.

While i waited, my thoughts rolled through my mind, and i pondered each one. Family... "I have no family...Apollo. Please, do not call me such." The words slipped unbidden from my lips, and a startled twitch jerked through my legs. Quickly i dipped my head to him, ears flattened so deep into my pale mane i thought they'd merge with my flesh. "Forgive me, i didn't mean to speak." I move subtly away from him, until my side hit a tree and there i remained, legs stiff and ready to carry me far from here.

Cetan
Word Count: 416 Tags: @[Astraea] @[Apollo]
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Please tag Cetan in all posts
Permission is given for any force against Cetan provided it does not kill him

Messages In This Thread
catch a falling star - by Astraea - 11-30-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: catch a falling star - by Apollo - 12-01-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: catch a falling star - by Cetan - 12-04-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: catch a falling star - by Astraea - 12-04-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: catch a falling star - by Apollo - 12-07-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: catch a falling star - by Cetan - 12-07-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: catch a falling star - by Astraea - 12-10-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: catch a falling star - by Cetan - 12-31-2014, 11:43 PM