the Rift

[OPEN] Lost On The Sands Of Time

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"Congratulations Bucephalus!" I realized too late that he may consider it rude for me to greet him casually by his name as a stranger. Hastily I tried to fix my blunder leading to an annoying case of stumbling over my words. "I mean, Morningstar?" Well didn't that sound cheesy? I kicked a rear leg out in frustration, there was nothing that I hated more than ruffled feathers.

"I am Rei. Normally I would tack on 'of Dragon's Throat' to make myself sound a bit fancier but that would be a tad redundant while we're here." I couldn't help but grin. Was I actually funny? It could be debated. But did I find myself to be amusing? Heck yes. "What would you like for me to call you?"

I remembered the moment before I had approached him and the expression that had crossed his face. It had stirred something inside of me. In his eyes I had seen what I wanted but could never seem to grasp. Purpose. It is a fleeting creature; how had he managed to grab hold of it so quickly? Already during his season in Helovia he was the talk of the Throat. Was it a tinge of jealousy that left that nasty taste in my mouth? Or was it after taste from the grass I ate earlier.

The grass. Definitely the grass.

Oh the things we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

Chastising myself I remember this is what I love about my home. Helovia is a place where boundaries are limitless. Anyone can become anything. If only Lytninia had been like this.

"What does it feel like? One moment you are stumbling through the Threshold, wondering where you are. And in what must have felt like the blink of an eye you are here. With this status. Isn't it amazing what can happen here?"

Despite my earlier bout with jealousy a happy chirp escapes my throat.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Lost On The Sands Of Time - by Bucephalus - 12-12-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Lost On The Sands Of Time - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Lost On The Sands Of Time - by Bucephalus - 12-13-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Lost On The Sands Of Time - by Rei - 12-13-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Lost On The Sands Of Time - by Bucephalus - 12-13-2014, 11:06 PM