the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
A cold satisfaction welled up within the bronzen steed's breast to see disbelief and, better yet, fear rise into the FrostHeart's face before the fire he breathed hid the spotted unicorn from sight. Irritation replaced it when ice rose up before him again, confirming his assumption even as his fireball broke against it in lapping, expanding waves. And then it dawned on the massive stud that that ice made a better wall against his own passage than it did his fire, regardless of the fact that it effectively stopped the fireball.

Desperately he swerved aside to the left, shortening his strides and flailing his tail toward the wall in a frantic attempt to not hit that ice. Barely, barely, he managed to fling his bulk aside far enough to not crash into the ice sidelong. Instead his haunches slammed into the leftmost spike with a solid thump. Pain blossomed immediately, promising some spectacular bruising in a day or two, and was followed a moment later by a somewhat dimmer pain as his tail crashed against the other spikes. Oh, he'd be stiff tomorrow, but at least he hadn't crushed his left wing.

Weariness scrabbled at him then, greater than expected. He was worn from running about the battlefield, but since none had dared close with him, he had no explanation for the sheer degree of exhaustion that was draining his energy. With a grunt of exertion he lunged away from the lingering ice spikes, limping heavily on his right hind as the muscles protested the abuse they'd endured. But he forced them to work, staggering into a jolting trot as he sought distance from the center of battle. Oddly, the exhaustion ebbed after several strides, and he glanced back in bafflement. Was this some strange magic?

He slowed then, snorting softly as he came to a halt. Wearily he shifted his weight to allow his battered muscles to rest, and started slightly when Mirage slid up against him. He turned his head far enough to recognize her dark figure, and relaxed immediately. She was hurt, he could smell her blood and feel the needy way she pressed against him, but she was standing. Protectively, possessively, he arched one wing over her. She was his to protect, moreso than the Qian was theirs, and he silently kicked himself for not doing a better job of it earlier. But now was an excellent time to make up for his lack. His golden eyes glinted warningly to any who strayed too near, and his tail swayed back and forth to ward off any who might think to take a cheap shot now at the tail end of battle.

[445 words
Attack: None
Defense: Swerves wildly left to avoid crashing into Mauja's defensive spikes, slams into them with right haunch and tail. Results in severe bruising. Deimos' magic eats at him, and he staggers off to get some space and is baffled when the exhaustion ebbs.
Ends battle standing a bit off from everyone until Mirage joins him, and he takes a defensive stance over her.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Lucius - 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Ned - 10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Giselle - 10-02-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Aurelius - 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Monster - 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Korra - 10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Vikram - 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FIVE] - by Cineviam - 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM