the Rift

[OPEN] how can I be everything they want me to be?
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good
The Prince and his King were not so different. Gaucho too would work himself into the ground if it meant fulfilling obligations. Gaucho would never let anyone down willingly - he, like Cera, would bend until he broke before ever allowing himself to quit or give up. Excuses would not keep his family safe, and a good nights rest would not discharge obligations. The herd came first before everything else, even his own health.

While the Wildfire did not look nearly as exhausted as Cera, he was close. The Dun had pushed himself during this part of his quest, forcing his body to react to those around him even when he could not see them. Using Mara as his eyes depleted his mental energy perhaps unsurprisingly fast. But it wasn't only that ... it couldn't be. Gaucho had been exhausted lately. He did sleep but it felt as though he was never completely refreshed. He had chalked it up to Sohalia's absence and the increased responsibility placed upon him. Traveling to retrieve Phaedra's body, Hotaru's capture ... his argument with Ophelia and then Tandavi. It was too much. It used up all of him, but still he pushed on.

Mara and Ilaria certainly thought the same things of their bonded's.

Still, when the Wildfire saw Cera through Mara's eyes, by the fire, it didn't even occur to him not to walk over. Rasta had criticized him for not hanging out with his herd - it was another task to complete. The dark patches, normally close to his eyes seemed to have darkened and expanded with the weight of the world Gaucho felt ever present on his striped shoulders. As he moved, still gracefully however wearily across the sands, he saw the boy collapse. Picking up a brisk canter immediately, ignoring the whine of sloth from his muscles, he bridged the distance rapidly.

Nostrils flaring he halted abruptly, though was careful not to spray Cera with sand. Mara slipped quickly down from his antlers to slide closer to the golden prince, her black gaze bright with concern. She looked to Ilaria for a moment then back at Cera. If she could have spoken and known Ilaria's thoughts she might have suggested that she paralyze the prince, forcing him to rest.

"Cera." Gaucho breathed, dropping to his barred knees beside the prince, and fanning his great blackened wings over the boy's frame. Flames licked and lingered on Gaucho's black feathers as they caressed the prince's gold and white coat, partially to reassure him, partially so that he might know where the boy was without Mara's eyes.

The ragged breathing of his fire brother combined with a lack of physical injury suggested to the Wildfire that either magic had done this, or Cera's body had. He was either sick, poisoned, or cursed by magic in some way. Mara hissed her concern as Gaucho's blocky antlered skull moved toward's Cera's face. He could only see Cera through Mara's eyes, which now that she wasn't in his antlers was bizarre, given it was from a completely different angle.

"Cera-" He whispered again, fear tight in his chest. He knew nothing of healing magic (perhaps he should focus on that, rather than invisibility given how often danger and damage lurked around him). What had happened to Cera? There was no one around - no suggestion of a struggle.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how can I be everything they want me to be? - by Gaucho - 01-02-2015, 04:30 PM