the Rift

[OPEN] The Rest You Can Keep

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

Free. I was free. Bucephalus was broken, if only for a little while. Too much had been hurled at him, at me, and it had cracked him. Morrigan, she had been the catalyst. My spars with Gaucho further widened the seams. And now that my son was born... I was free. It wouldn't be for much longer, already i can feel him sliding over me, trying to regain control. Trying to pull me back so he can show his face to the world with a distant and cruelty that i didn't have the heart to allow. Every day was a new war, a new fight in reining him in and trying to break free of my own prison, but he was stronger. How, i don't know. But we fought for control, day in day out.

Control control fucking control. It was always control with him, lies and deceit. I tried, i fought the coldness, the distance, daily with all the fiber of my spirit. But i had fooled myself into too good of a trap, had wrapped myself so firmly in my lies that part of me had begun to believe them. And my weakness and fear had led to the alternate one that called himself 'Bucephalus'. Now i was his 'concience', his alternate personality. It was so fucked up i wanted to scream.

But right now, in this moment, i could care less about the daily war within myself. I was as high as a cloud, a grin of delight pulling at my lips as I flew beside Gaucho. I knew he couldn't see me, so i took advantage of his blindness to...well frolic. I soared above him and dove, then tucked wing and spiraled before catching myself and flying back up to his side, wings laboring from my antics. I wanted to thank him, honestly, for without his fights driving Bucephalus into such a rage that i could take over... well i wouldn't be here, alone with my thoughts and able to do as i wished.

My Sultan begins to descend, and i follow him. This time i do not land as fast and sudden as usual(this was a diplomatic meeting after all, so courtesy is pretty much forward in my thoughts), instead with all the grace i could muster. Which, blowing my own horn, is quite a bit. I pull the grin from my face, but cannot stop the restless rolling of my weight from side to side. I still the movement as much as i can, well aware that constantly moving was a...queer thing in Helovia. But i couldn't help it. Okay, well i could, i just choose not to. Choose. Oh sweet freedom.

Gaucho calls out for Midas, and my lips twitch. Finally i could meet the man that looked closest to myself on my own terms. I'd still be formal, as chafing as that was(One thing Bucephalus got right was his politeness...when it suited him). He knows what we're doing here at the Falls, and he's none too happy about him.

But fuck him. Fuck. Him. I was free, and i could be Chancellor, be the Morningstar i should be, without him causing the trouble he plans.

"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Word Count:536 Tags:@[Midas] Notes: -strokes chin- ...i like this style.

Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
The Rest You Can Keep - by Gaucho - 01-03-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Bucephalus - 01-05-2015, 05:32 PM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Midas - 01-05-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Gaucho - 01-06-2015, 01:00 AM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Elsa - 01-08-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Bucephalus - 01-09-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Midas - 01-10-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: The Rest You Can Keep - by Gaucho - 01-12-2015, 12:27 PM