the Rift

Praise the God's of Cold [Open]

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Already, the temperature of the water sent cold spikes of pain into the mare's hooves. She figured no one in the world besides her and this old coot would be so detached from reality to be getting wet in the cold of Frostfall. Icy eyes stared at the white draft with the long branch of a horn on his head. She'd seen many different varieties of horns, but his was quite interesting indeed. Almost as though one of his parents must have been a tree. Smirking at the ridiculous thought, Sorcha listened to the old boy talk in his strange and whimsical syntax.

"It's not a very good dream, if it is one. The waters too damn cold." Her words held more comedic value than anything. The stallion was amusing, and how could she feel threatened by this intriguing ancient? A lilting laugh rose from her throat as the Unicorn bowed. This guy's some piece of work. The dame thought to herself in mirth. Most of the stallions she'd met were pompous, self-centered, block-headed things. Not all, but most. And the elder was a breath of fresh air for her critical mind. Myrddin. What a perfectly mystical sounding name for him. "I'm assuming that was your attempt at greeting me. I'm Sorcha." The doe offered with a rare, honest smile upon her maw. She glanced disapprovingly at the frosty waters around them before looking back at Myrddin. Pretty? Whether or not she was attractive had never really mattered much in the girl's mind. Eyes moving to her own reflection in the water, she could only see the hardness in her face, and the deadly looking teeth that ran down from her brown. No, pretty was the delicate Unicorn she'd met at the beach, the one with flowers in her hair and a single spiraled horn. "Give up on the flattery, it'll do you no good with me." She tried to shoot the ivory stag a scowl, but it wasn't very impressive. He was an entertaining old thing after all. With softening features, she went on. "I haven't got anything better to do. I'm not bound by any stallion or herd." She responded disdainfully, yet her mind was unsure of the statements. She'd always half-wondered what it might be like to have a companion, someone loyal to her and that she could give her loyalty to. The past had proved that there was little faithfulness left in the world. All the species were selfish, ready to stab a friend in the back to help themselves. And yet, maybe this land might hold a little hope. After all, she hadn't yet explored very far. "What about you? What made you come all the way out here and decide to take a swim?"

[ooc: No problem! Sorcha has been needing things to do ;) ]

EDIT: I edited my post to respond to the rest of what Myrddin said ^__-]

Messages In This Thread
Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Myrddin - 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Myrddin - 10-03-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Sorcha - 10-03-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Myrddin - 10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Sorcha - 10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Myrddin - 10-03-2012, 08:10 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Sorcha - 10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Myrddin - 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Praise the God's of Cold [Open] - by Myrddin - 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM