the Rift

[OPEN] The Sound of a Dreamer

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
K V O T H E

Elodin grows stronger by the day, his twig-thin legs carrying him across the world alongside my own. Together we prance through fields, trot across creeks and dance through forests. Bells chime, alerting all of the Bard and his companion's passage. But we do not mind. One of my bells, the one upon my brow tine, is now delicately around Elodin's slender neck, a bell of his own, and he seems to enjoy the gentle chiming of it as he moves.

A new place draws us today, and upon our arrival in a whirlwind of leaves and bells i see that we are not alone in this place. Elodin ducks behind my legs beneath the curtain of hair on my tail, regarding the others here with bright eyes. I can feel his fear and his curiousity, at war with a pride that grows more and more by each day. Cautious of my charge, i regard the two curiously, and the dark thought slips unbidden through my mind.

'What if they are the ones causing the murders?'

I recoil from the thought almost instantly, sorrow lancing through me. Never in my life have i regarded any with fear nor caution. But before i had only my own life to think about; now Elodin's life weighed upon my shoulders, and i would be damned before i allowed his short life to end due to my own folly.

"Well met friends!" I call out, approaching the Rotunda with a smooth stride, Elodin close at my heels. However it is the spike in his fear that draws my attention downward, to gaze upon the small, trembling body at my feet. Fear, strong and thick, and i immediately tense, raising my head towards my fellow unicorn... and the fox at his feet. My tail curls around Elo's small body, pulling him tighter against me as i keep an eye on the fox.

"What brings you two here?"

@[Sacre] @[Hearth]

Messages In This Thread
The Sound of a Dreamer - by Sacre - 01-03-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Hearth - 01-06-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Kvothe - 01-13-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Hearth - 01-20-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Sacre - 01-29-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Hearth - 01-31-2015, 12:17 PM