the Rift

[OPEN] patience
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Mind weighed heavily with doubts, she strode elegantly back to her home, the siren's call of the mountains singing to her longingly. There, within the confines of winter's palace, she found prosperity and hope - a future. Never before had a herd felt so freeing without being confining, for her independence was highly valued, and she held power to live comfortably alone. However, she was pleased she did not have to, not anymore. Cloven hooves, cradled by snow, lightly padded past the cave of ice, a place which held such rich and intimate memories.

There, Mauja had burned, and she prayed for healing magic lest he succumb to fever and death. Tor had come to his aide, her once best friend. Strange, dual colored eyes glanced into the dark mouth, haunted by her own memories as she relived the breathy words he spoke and the betrayal of Tor. Her heart ached at the loss of her friend still, now disappeared into oblivion, most likely dead. Osiris too was lost, another heartbreak wrapped in wizened yellow eyes and thick, earthen fur. Ophelia owed her relationship with Tinek to Osiris and Comadre, the black dragon having taught Tinek the ways of his kind.

A puff of white powder snapped in her periphery, and she roughly inhaled the ice around her, trying to catch a scent of the movement. Ophelia's strange, dual colored gaze scanned the horizon, shapely ears tipped forward as she searched. Ah, but she had to look down. There, tumbled in a snowbank was a fluffy colt, caked in white snow and looking rather pleased with himself, and despite her worry, a smile crossed her lips. What were they doing in this treacherous weather? Where was his mother?

Her stomach lurched as her eyes saw the other one, a twin. A skull-faced mask could only have been passed down by one, cruel and nasty mare, and Ophelia struggled to keep her emotions in check. What had she said not so long ago? Children do not deserve to bear the sins of their parents? Oh, but this child did not seem so independent so much as a reincarnation, doomed with blood and body to follow along the same darklit path. Ophelia paused, struggling with two factions of her soul.

She settled tenuously on compassion, aware that she would be burned. The pale princess approached, a warm smile on her mousy lips despite the worried crinkles at her dual colored eyes. Tinek, aware of the tension, circled from his heavenly perch and tumbled headlong into the snow, leaving a wave of white cascading around them. His silver head popped from the ground and he grinned a toothy, dragon's smile. "Are you playing tag?" she asked softly, never speaking down to the children. How could you expect them to rise if you stifled their intelligence with your own words?

"May Tinek and I join you?"

@[Ktulu] - wants to join!

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
patience - by Nymeria - 01-05-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: patience - by Volterra - 01-05-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: patience - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: patience - by Ktulu - 01-16-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: patience - by Nymeria - 01-17-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: patience - by Ophelia - 02-02-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: patience - by Ktulu - 02-18-2015, 07:00 PM