the Rift

[OPEN] Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

A walk with this mare had been comfortable, had kept me at ease and somewhat soothed my restlessness. She did not ask the wrong questions, did not have a nature that rubbed me wrong nor one that stirred my wilder side and made me want to launch myself through the air and tempt fate with danger.

Nah, she had a calming presence, something only Alija seemed to have from those I had met. Her excitement at meeting others pulls a grin from me, and I flick an ear back towards her. "Most all here are very..pleasant. Albeit there are a few stranger folk, you will never be treated with any sort of negativity... unless you bring it upon yourself." I can't picture this serene mare to really get into any sort of fit.

I had to agree when she commented about the tree. Such things had not grown in Sehrau. In fact trees there were scarce to non-existent, one would only find trees to the south, in the lush tropical valley forest. However her words make me laugh, and I look down at her, glad to see she caught up.

"Yes. I keep watch over the herd and deal with the day-to-day things. Making sure everyone's doing as their supposed to, hearing reports, listening to the gossip wheel and occasionally dealing with an outsider wishing to join or diplomatic meetings with another herd." The socializing aspect of my rank came with ease; I rather enjoyed people, and found conversation to be very enlightening on building profiles on others.

Maren speaks, and I remain silent, listening to her with most of my attention, the rest focused on our surroundings. Subtly I guided her away from warrens and potential dangers, or I thought I was being subtle. Maybe she saw them, maybe she didn't. I made a mental note to warn her about the various little hazards that kept themselves buried in the sands. As one who could fly, they posed little threat to me.

Her comment about being a murderer pulls me up short, and I look to her with wariness I did not wish to feel. "I'd avoid such jokes, Maren... It's not the best of times for such humor." She didn't fit the profile, none of the clues I'd heard fit her save the white feathers, and my own profile on her temperament and personality just didn't match to a killer.

But I, of all people, knew how to hide one's blood-soaked actions.

"Well my dear, you'll have to forgive my lack of courtesy. There's been much going on as of late." I grin at her, then bound ahead to crest a dune, spinning on heel and facing her. "Behind us is the Diviner's fire, where Amara can usually be found. It is where our god sends visions to our Diviner, and sometimes I believe to Disciples." I gesture towards the Fire with a toss of my head, prancing a bit down the dune towards the flame.

Home home glorious home. I believe this was my favorite part of recruitment. Showing the fresh face around our home and watching their expressions. Made it feel worthwhile, that I could bring another into the family.

Word Count: 535 Tags: @[Maren]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-13-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-23-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-28-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 01-30-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Maren - 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Of Salt And Sand[Welcoming] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 04:22 PM