the Rift

[OPEN] patience
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia watched the foals play with a smile on her lips, touched by the innocence and beauty of youth. Such a shame they had to listen to the vile poison of their mother's egotistical words in such impressionable ears - especially when they now had every path open and all manner of potential. She watched the boy admire Tinek, and she urged the dragon with a gentle push of her mind to stand still. "Absolutely," she responded, indicating he could pet her silver friend if he so desired. Cynder was a beautiful dragon and Tinek did like her; it was a shame that Tyradon had made such... poor choices. She rather liked her half-brother.

The little girl, those cruel eyes filled with such open adoration for her brother, made Ophelia's heart lurch in her chest. Looking at her was like looking at a copy of her mother, and she wanted nothing more than to step before the children and shield them from all evils. They deserved a chance to forge their own path, one unhindered by familial obligations. The chuckled as the girl ratted out her brother for falling, and she watched, stepping forward and leaning down to join them - face at their child-like height.

"There is nothing wrong with falling," she replied, strange, dual colored eyes sparkling with wisdom and love. Her heart opened despite herself, letting in their youthful exuberance. "Life's journeys are all about how you get back up on your feet. Getting knocked down is just a part of this world," she said quietly. Volterra introduced himself, and she nodded. "Well, you are quite handsome," she admitted. "But your sister also beautiful. I think you both are quite lovely."

She lifted her neck when the scent of a predator filled her nostrils. Without thought, she stepped in front of the children, guarding them with the breadth of her body. Ophelia heard the brave little bay urge the bear to stay back, but then she narrowed her eyes, catching the details on the creature and smiling. "Eytan!" she called, trotting forward. Tinek popped his head from he ground and cooed, prancing over to his bear friend and climbing up on his back - careful not to pinch too hard with his talons.

"Ktulu!" she called to her sister. She looked back at the two children. "There is nothing to fear. This is my twin, Ktulu," she introduced. "And she has a bear, Eytan." Phi stepped back toward them, smiling affectionately. "We were just about to play tag, Ktulu - care to join?" she asked her sister. Surely Ktulu would see the markings on their faces. She held back a step, leaning over to whisper in her sister's ear. "Son and daughter of Tyradon and Confutatis... I have little doubt."

Her warning issued, Phi jumped forward on long, slender and graceful limbs, bounding forward with decreased speed. "Aahhh I am it, you had better run!"

[[I AM SO SORRY.
<3
@[Volterra] , @[Nymeria]

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
patience - by Nymeria - 01-05-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: patience - by Volterra - 01-05-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: patience - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: patience - by Ktulu - 01-16-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: patience - by Nymeria - 01-17-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: patience - by Ophelia - 02-02-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: patience - by Ktulu - 02-18-2015, 07:00 PM