the Rift

Heartsick [Faelene]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Sharps words were flung at him, adding pain to his already torn body. She spoke as if he hadn't nearly gotten his intestines ripped out while he was trying to get Azzuen away from her. "I was almost gutted by your friend as I was trying to make my allies think I would handle you myself. I did the best I could to help you. First I tried to help a mere colt, who your King was trying to slaughter." Burning pools glanced at the long scrape along his haunch and side. If he hadn't turned at the right moment, Descaro's horn would have split him all over the ground. And yet Faelene didn't seem to have noticed, or to care. Why couldn't he just leave her here and go back to the Throat? To others who would speak to him with some semblance of kindness?

The golden stag could only grimace as he endured her harsh words. The frosted wind whipped pale dreads across his face. Wasn't it strange, how he could waltz into battles and throw hooves at Kings, without feeling sadness or fear. But when it came to listening to Faelene's cruel tone now, he could barely stand it. Half of him wanted to give up, to believe that she really would never want to be with him. But in his core he held on. Why would she come all the way out here? Why had she given him her touch when they first met, despite all her doubts? There had to be something between them, something magnetic which pulled them back together again. He nearly winced as she nearly spat in his face, kicking his confession of love to the dirt. "I'm sorry if I've upset you, Faelene. I'm only trying to tell you the truth. Don't you see? I have fallen in love with you. No, I don't know you well, and I cannot explain why this is happening. I tried to forget about you, tried to ignore it. But it has not gone away." His deep chords were strong and unwavering, not holding any of the sarcastic anger that the red maned mare's had. She seemed so frustrated by what he'd said, but why? Couldn't she just realize that he cared for her, and either accept his love or reject it? Why did they have to do this dance, tossing words at each-other but getting no where? His forlorn expression began to harden as Faelene went on. "I am not incapacitated by you, and you do not own my heart. I only came here to tell you how I feel. And to find out if you felt the same way." He spoke calmly and with solemn words. "I thought you must care about me, to come all this way in the snow. But maybe I was wrong." Then the tawny stallion's body longed to sink into the snow, to let the blizzards cover his foolish hide. Reluctantly, his marred frame remained upright. White rimmed orbs lifted more lethargically back to the doe's eyes, as she spoke of the brute that had tried to impale him. He would have been relieved if she had not already made her anger clear. And as though he were just another fleck of falling snow, she turned to walk away. Moving around on sore pillars, he stared after her. "Is that what you want? To be alone and miserable and cold? You could have a companion, someone to be by your side when you need it. Love." The last word trailed out pleadingly. What a horrible thing it really was.

Messages In This Thread
Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-03-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-05-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-06-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-07-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Leander - 10-09-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Heartsick [Faelene] - by Faelene - 10-09-2012, 11:45 PM