the Rift

[OPEN] don't get too close

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Thank you. Kahlua wasn’t even sure what Resplendence should be thankful for. The queen was all but useless, had said nothing, had no answers, had no words of wisdom or advice. She knew plenty about broken hearts, but not because her love was too far away. Her love was suffocating her, here too much, too close, too… everywhere. Too full of feelings that she didn’t know what to do with, too full of ideas about the future that she couldn’t be a part of. Too much- and she couldn’t do anything to stop it. How could she help Resplendence, when her own problems were so very different?

“Oh,” she stuttered out uselessly to Resplendence, a frown crossing her lips. How had she not known about Nasreen and Resplendence? She supposed it had just been so long since she had seen either of them… But two of her best friends, and they were at odds with one another? The queen… she just couldn’t have it. It hurt her very heart to think of it. Still, it wasn’t to be fixed now. Another time, perhaps. “I’m sorry Res. It’s not your fault. I’m sure Nasreen is just upset too, she didn’t mean it.” She tried to soothe with her gentle coo, not knowing whether the words she spoke were true or false.

“But I’m glad to have you back, Doctor.” A gentle smile widened her lips, although it would not stay there long. Resplendence was so much more insightful about the Lady Moon, thoughts that Kahlua would not have dared to think on her own. And then there was the story of Res’ quest. Leave the Edge? Why would the Moon ask her to do such a thing? It just didn’t make sense… What had been a smile became a frown. “I’m glad you didn’t leave. I can’t believe she asked you to do that.

Everything is just so… Your quest, poor Gaucho, the darkness and the insincerity… Res. What are we going to do? If we don’t stay here… where would we go?”
Her mind whirls and thinks, but there is nowhere. Her herd, her people… She cannot take them to another herd for Asylum. There are too many who have worked too hard for their ranks. She cannot ask them to give them up. If they went to the Throat or the Falls, they would all have to start again under the rule of another. The Basin was not an option. And the wilds? No protection, no homes, no magic… no ranks. The Edge was the only place they could go, and the only place they needed to escape from.

Still, perhaps Res had an answer that Kahlua did not. Where would they go? She waited.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
don't get too close - by Kahlua - 01-26-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: don't get too close - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: don't get too close - by Kahlua - 01-29-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: don't get too close - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: don't get too close - by Kahlua - 01-31-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: don't get too close - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: don't get too close - by Kahlua - 02-01-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: don't get too close - by Resplendence - 02-01-2015, 01:59 AM
RE: don't get too close - by Kahlua - 02-04-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: don't get too close - by Resplendence - 02-05-2015, 10:39 PM