the Rift

[OPEN] Liquid Gold | task 2
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The sun beat down mercilessly upon our backs and that of a not so distant crowd. They stir, some are restless, most are anxious, and all feel a sense of urgency. Yet, yon God kept with his work, never seeming to rest or be distracted from the task by yon hoard or climate. The tangled mess of bramble and branch, woven into something of worth – a priceless monstrosity that would soon become our saving grace.

Meanwhile...

These feathers felt rained upon, moisture pooled beneath; I fanned them from my sides – perspiration slicks back the yin yang hairs of ebony and ivory. A trusting set of lips soothes the skin along my shoulder and nape, that same whiskered muzzle pushes boldly past downy feathers to nibble and scratch at a spot I’d been treated to find was surprisingly pleasurable and satisfying. Another sinful sigh of content bliss ripples past my unclenched jaw. Like a dog whose belly was rubbed not enough, I soaked in the affections she offered as a starving man would his meal. Despite the heat burning holes into darker parts of this body I'd never been more at ease amid chaos. One gilded cheek turns her way, moving to gently press against the sure curve of her humid neck; each pass tenderly brushing the granite hues with even strokes.

I let my gaze drift silently down meadow, toward the masses in a futile attempt to pinpoint familiar faces from our family and that of others. There was burning hope I'd even catch sight of Cera, or Ranjiri. Yar…my mind turned to work a heartbeat later, thinking that there was still many within our valley who would need aid. Eventually we are called forward, the luring bellow of Earth's voice is like a bright beckon – while we are left waiting in the dark. The light summoned all to draw near.

Africa presses inward, I follow close at heel. It was warmer near the clustering bodies...They milled around, some carrying empty buckets. A moment later, we stood before the mighty one. He gives us a pail and ushers the same directions given to those who'd come before. I start to move ahead to grasp yon handle, another jaw beats me to it. Gaze rises to see Africa coyly slipping back, the wooden vessel between her teeth.

One brow rose in question, but there is a flame of mild amusement flickering in its wake...Yar, an interesting girl this one was. I nodded toward her garbled words and follow again as she leads the way into the cooler forest. Muzzle slipped fondly along her spine as we walked, I traced the line of barrel to hip with slow concentration. The womb of her body was swollen...almost as if...breath suddenly found itself lodged in the back of my throat.

Walking became trotting. I hung back, watching her swinging hips, bulging...Tis good she didn't take notice, otherwise her eyes might behold my gems the size of moons and jaw hung to drag across the dirt. How could I have been so blind? Why did she not give voice to it? Thousands of tiny questions gurgled to life as we went on. Home loomed before us, the mighty waterfalls drilling their merciless way to the lower lands.

Disposition had returned to some semblance of normal by the time we'd pasted the cave and crept down the many stone stairs. "Afr-," words halted by a question. I felt my jaw set itself into a firm line, "Yar," vocals murmured, "Any clear stream will do...maybe the water near slant rock." Intent obviously referring to our meeting place...
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Liquid Gold | task 2 - by Africa - 02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Liquid Gold | task 2 - by Midas - 02-10-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Liquid Gold | task 2 - by Fig - 02-10-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: Liquid Gold | task 2 - by Laedere - 02-10-2015, 11:55 PM