the Rift

[OPEN] Balance for the Blind

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The Goddess was not like her vain brother, and flattery never went too far with the goddess. She was brilliantly intelligent and a true intellectual. Flattery would never cloud the rational side of her mind, so as the golden glory stepped forward, his words coming off arrogant and complimentary, she raised a single brow, narrowing her disturbing, silver eyes. Part of her wanted to laugh, wondering what this creature wanted. If he was here to laugh while she was down, to come as a balm and a savior, then he was going to be sadly disappointed. "Everything happened as planned," she stated simply. "I proved my point. The mortals are too blind to see past their own emotions. Those calling for blood of mine and Gaucho's were the greatest fools, and they represented your entire... species."

She snorted in irritation, shaking her head. Much to her surprise then, the little child of the Earth God approached, and she watched with a strange twinkling in her eyes. The Goddess had no interest in corrupting this babe, but she found her words far more analytical and considering than any other. Interesting how children, untainted by bias and the past, held such wisdom. Amusement, shadowy and dark, bounced over her features. "Yes, they all call for my death," she hummed, as if this was a matter of pride.

The Goddess smiled. "Curious how that happens, hm?" she replied honestly. "Everything happens for a reason. The world is in balance only when death and life are allowed to co-exist. Because Hototo sacrificed himself, you were born. In every tragedy, there is life and in every birth, there is a shadow. No one event is disconnected. I created a scenario and the mortals were allowed to act how they will. They had the power to stop the killer, and a few came close. Their actions are their own."

As Oxy approached, blustering, dull and foolish, she but smiled at Thranduil and Iso, looking at the offending stallion with such a wide grin that it could not be mistaken as anything but menacing. Always in control. Always collected, she stepped forward, staring into eyes which were tainted with the poison he ingested. Pathetic. Clouding one's own intellect and shrouding their true nature was a heinous crime, and she tilted her head to the side, the gesture almost innocent and off setting from the dark power that rolled from her in magnetic waves.

"Oh my dear Oxy..." she hummed. "I only took advantage of what you do to yourself. If you had the courage or bravery - hell, even the intellect - to push your body through the withdrawals, you would be free of any torment I might give to you," she explained. "For I take your vices and make them worse. What you choose to do is entirely in your control, and I see you have made nothing of yourself." Her eyes swept him up and down, finding him even more pitiful than when she threw him into a tree.

"Your life will never be normal. You are an addict, and addicts will always lie, cheat and manipulate those around them. Any heart given to you, you will never deserve. You will use, use and use until you get your fill, but it will never, ever be enough. You will go to your grave wanting and will never be fulfilled, and what makes this even more pathetic is that you do it to yourself. So go. You have what you wanted from me."

The Goddess smirked. "But do not come asking for me again, or I may curse you with permanent sobriety. Wouldn't that just be hell."

Oxy got his upgrade!
[Magic: DarkxWater (U) | Upgrade to allow damage to platelets as well, causing bruising and internal bleeding for 30 seconds]

@[Oxy] @[Thranduil] @[Isopia]

speech
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Balance for the Blind - by God of the Moon - 02-08-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by Thranduil - 02-08-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by Isopia - 02-08-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by Oxy - 02-09-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by God of the Moon - 02-15-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by Isopia - 02-17-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by Thranduil - 02-17-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Balance for the Blind - by Reginald - 02-19-2015, 10:52 AM