the Rift

[OPEN] Changed Man [rejoining]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

They moved in tandem, a motion split in two mirrors, seeking reunion. Common ground. A king and his soldier, but not on this soil. No, they were merely brothers. Both with too heavy a burden to bear, too much blood on the path of their past. They came together like broken souls, fitting their shattered edges together, trying to form a semblance of normality. Kaj received him with a neck thrown round Aaron's withers, the paint's face warm and heavy against the arch of his neck. Familiar. Alanna's pawsteps were the chorus to their joining, singing a song of reunion, of home and safety and kinship.

Aaron's voice mumbled out against his skin, and a mighty sigh of relief escaped the confines of the buckskin brute. His laugh was a little hysterical, but all joy. "I am glad to see you safe," he whispered, reluctantly parting from his faithful shepherd to give room for the words that spilled from his brother's lips in explanation. An explanation Aaron would never truly have to give. Not to Kaj. Not ever. And Kaj said as much, in the quiet lull that came between Aaron's words.

"You need not ever explain yourself to me, Aaron. Nor ever apologize for following the path of your heart," he assured quietly, even as he digested the information, preparing a proper response. He could never really understand Aaron's ordeal, but he could sympathize the pain and difficulty of it all. Perhaps that could be enough. His coughing was rather terrifying, and Kaj made an aborted step forward as if to heave the weight of that physical burden from his brother's skin.

"Aye, Kahlua is still Queen. Please, brother. Let me call you a healer. It pains me to see you ill," he pleaded, even though Aaron could not rightfully reject him. Kaj would summon them nonetheless, would force upon Aaron their healing powers, because Aaron had suffered enough. He was finally home. Kaj would not stand for such suffering to continue beneath his power. He hoped it would not come to that, however.

"You may serve however you want, Aaron. I will speak to the soldiers, tell them that you are to be among their ranks soon." Reaching out, he moved to brush his muzzle against Aaron's. Eyes softened. "We will welcome you home with open arms," he promised quietly.

KAJ
carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done
image credits
table by whit

@[Aaron]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Changed Man [rejoining] - by Aaron - 02-01-2015, 04:33 AM
RE: Changed Man [rejoining] - by Kaj - 02-08-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Changed Man [rejoining] - by Aaron - 02-14-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Changed Man [rejoining] - by Kaj - 02-16-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Changed Man [rejoining] - by Romani - 02-17-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: Changed Man [rejoining] - by Resplendence - 02-24-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: Changed Man [rejoining] - by Aaron - 03-19-2015, 10:56 PM