the Rift

[PRIVATE] Did I mention that I hate the woods? [Gaucho]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
She continued her story as they moved slowly to the Oasis. Now that the most important pieces were laid she filled out the details of her trip to falls. All that Africa and Rasta had said; Midas had turned up, polite, but not contributing much to the proceedings.

Everything that had occurred, she reported.

She vented a little, that those that were supposed to be their allies, their friends, had been so distant and unhelpful. Africa’s change worried Meg. The warrior didn’t know the details of the grey mare’s departure from Dragon’s Throat but the Africa who had greeted her In the Falls was a far cry from the one that had greeted her in the Threshold years before.

Gaucho listened with all the patience she had come to expect of him, attentive even when she though he must have wanted to race off in an instant to find out where Sohalia had gone. When his fires flared she faltered in her step, ready for an admonishment of her behavior. She had been a bit rough, she knew that now, but had thought her mission justified the haste. Gaucho, however made no word against her actions. ”Meg do good.” The three words of praise fell from his mouth like blessed rain on parched earth. They were a balm for agitation in her mind and the ache of self-doubt just as their slow walk worked to ease the tension in her body. Gaucho’s approval, Gaucho’s thanks, was better than sunshine for he had become an amalgamation of father and leader and friend and she could want for no higher honor.

“I am happy to serve.” She returned with a nod, and there was not guile or hesitation in that statement. “We should gather the other warriors, Hector, Einarr, and go to find Sohalia. She shouldn’t be far if she was on her way here.” Even with the Oasis coming closer into view and her limbs craving rest, Meg’s focus on the welfare of her herd would have driven her madly on. She peered towards the swath of green ahead, looking for spot of red or black, and hoping they weren’t out on patrol and the could all set off at once.

@[Gaucho]
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did I mention that I hate the woods? [Gaucho] - by Megaera - 02-16-2015, 10:14 PM