Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I remained still as Gaucho pulled away and looked at me and for a moment I wondered what he thought about my crying. "I'm sorry." I murmured as I lowered my head to wipe my eyes against my foreleg. It helped for only a few seconds but when Gaucho requested that I tell him about Hototo as we patrolled I could feel the tears stinging my eyes again. I nodded wordlessly and turned in the direction that he had looked. The path wasn't travelled much, but I had walked down it before when I had patrolled with Rhoa. I blinked and stepped forward because thinking about that patrol was more painful than it should have been because it was the last time that I'd seen my brother alive and heard his voice.

I didn't really know where to begin with talking about Hototo because he had left when I was so young and I went so long without seeing him. Despite that I loved him as deeply and as fiercely as I did Cera. "I don't really remember a lot about Hototo because he left when I was still really young." I explained as we walked. "It was.... back when it was dark all the time and the sun wouldn't rise. He said he had a duty because of being the Earth God's son. I don't think Momma wanted him to go, but she didn't stop him." I remembered trying to stop him from going and I remembered him promising me that he would still come to see me. It was a promise that he didn't keep. "What I do remember was that he was compassionate and he loved life but he was scared of girls that weren't me or Momma or Aunt Ophelia or Roskuld." The tears that had stung my eyes earlier began to roll down my cheeks as I spoke of my brother. Was it selfish of me to wish that Hototo wasn't as good as he was so that he would still be alive?

I sighed as we walked, thinking back over my childhood and the brief, scattered memories that I had of my brother and I realized that my memories of Cera were just as broken and scattered as were my memories of my father. "Dad ... Midas ..." I didn't really know how to address my father when I spoke to Gaucho. "I don't have any memories of all of us together. Its me and Momma and Toto, or me, Momma, and Dad." and even those memories of Momma and Daddy with me were few and far between. I would have given anything to have actual memories of our family, all of us, together but the time for that had come and passed and I was left with memories of a family that was falling apart as I grew up. It made me wonder how much of my childhood and Toto's truly mattered and that made my chest ache horribly.

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Wonderwall - by Gaucho - 02-24-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Ranjiri - 02-24-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Gaucho - 02-24-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Ranjiri - 03-02-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Gaucho - 03-06-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Ranjiri - 03-06-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Gaucho - 03-07-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Wonderwall - by Ranjiri - 03-24-2015, 09:21 PM