the Rift

are you waiting for the right excuse? [Midas to Hotaru]

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
Foreshortened heavens
--- "Foreshortened heavens" - Foreshorten means something is closer or farther than it appears, heavens is an easy spiritual/death term. This refers to his immortality/ascended status and his faith. On one hand foreshortened heavens can mean 'death' is far away due to his immortality, but also the reverse foreshortened 'close' because of his spirituality and close relationship with the Earth God
--- Mild pun/wordplay on the word short, which many people seemed to guess, because he's a shortstack ;P

+1| I did get both sides of this. At first I thought of short and heavens, which made me think that the relationship to the heavens was close - I thought of immortality or a relationship with the Gods as well as being short in stature.

Mimicry of ancient tyranny
--- Title clue, Midas is a Czar which is a foil or "mimicry" to Csar, a tyrannical ruling of the old (ancient) Soviet Union
+1 | Mimicry: the action or art of imitating someone or something, typically in order to entertain or ridicule.. I actually really liked this one. I think it was a very creative way of stating Midas' position as Csar. I liked 'mimicry' since Midas isn't a csar in the political understanding of the word, but since he is also so kind, it really is an entertaining and ridiculous title.

Chastity had no hold on you
--- Midas is considered to be a very holy man, very spiritual. Holy men and women generally are chaste, Midas is a "holy" or religious man but has a lot of kids both blooded and adopted, one of which is very recent with Africa

+1| I didn't pull the religious overtones, but the lots of kids clue was spot on.

Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music
--- "Wings ► Swan wings, the tips are dipped in gold" Usually wings are not specifically stated on a pegasus profile, but Midas has swan wings. The two main types of swans are Trumpet swans and Royal swans. Flighty is an allusion/aid to thinking on the line of flight and wings which would lead to the type of wings, but also can be a pegasi reference.
--- Trumpets are usually a brassy, golden color, which is a main part of Midas' color scheme. Its connection to the 'wing' portion of the line also refers to the 'tips dipped in gold'

+1 Once I got 'flighty' I immediately connected with trumpeter swans. The gold was good as well as royal.

PASS from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: are you waiting for the right excuse? - by Verlaine - 03-17-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: are you waiting for the right excuse? - by Eurybe - 03-18-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: are you waiting for the right excuse? - by Odd - 03-24-2015, 10:59 PM