the Rift

[PRIVATE] dark side of the moon

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Oh! She was alive. Resplendence's barreling form was met with the embrace that she desired. The embrace that shoved all of her nightmares from her mind, locked her cries that would have explained some of them to the dark mare - hoping that none of them had been true. But, aye, it was not necessary anymore now! It was nowhere near the forefront of her mind as the one she considered to be a mother breathed her name and her dragon offered them the space to completely embrace. And while their embrace was unencumbered, Valiance and Akaith embraced in their own way. For Valiance did not truly know this golden beauty, but already he was becoming enticed, awed, and longed to welcome the vixen into their family.

Still, Resplendence finally peeled herself free from the embrace, tears of joy shining in her eyes and seemed to be matched in Mirage's. She says that she is well as Resplendence begins to inquire about her health - asking about every. Little. Aspect. But, before the Queen explains anything further both Thor and Kaj appear. Thor offers a sign of affection, but Kaj seems to bristle, offer a nod, but not much else. Uncertainly, Resplendence shuffles her way back toward Kaj - wanting so desperately to yank all of them into an embrace and never let them go again. The glowing light dims a little, but with Mirage and Kaj here it is most difficult to force it to diminish.

But then the words start to fall. She says she owes them all an apology, and Valiance realigns himself upon his bonded's back, braiding her hair as the topic falls back to the darkness that Mirage had disappeared into. The horror matched that of her dreams, of her nightmares of all of her family dying, and the fear and panic shone eerily in Resplendence's orbs as she leaned up against Kaj. Though, she leaned up against him to support him - to remind him that he was fit to hold this position. That he had done well. That he had no reason to be so quiet, to expect the worst. Slowly, though, she presses in closer to him as the pain curled around Mirage's accent

Mirage said that it was Akaith who had kept her alive, who had offered some semblance of herself and it was at that moment Res realized just how deeply she and Valiance were connected. Aye, he had kept her… her during these times as well. He had reminded her of who she was supposed to be and what she was supposed to be like. But the marks, from the glow of Resplendence's glitter showed pain and indentations. She took a sharp inhale, stepping forward a little bit as Mirage asks to return and serve the leaders. "Do they hurt? Can I help at all?" She inquires, eyes locked on Mirage's scars as if she were hypnotized.

Alas, the other part of the question she felt as if it were already answered. "I'm sure all will welcome you back with open arms. I would be glad to call you one of the family once more… for you always have been." Resplendence insists, but her eyes linger up toward Kaj - not knowing what was brewing in his mind, what was plaguing his being. So, still wanting to support him (to support all) she falls back, once more, to press up against Kaj should he allow it.

just came off absent and this thread has all my muse so hah

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
dark side of the moon - by Mirage - 03-24-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: dark side of the moon - by Resplendence - 03-24-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: dark side of the moon - by Thor - 03-25-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: dark side of the moon - by Kaj - 03-27-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: dark side of the moon - by Mirage - 03-29-2015, 02:26 AM
RE: dark side of the moon - by Resplendence - 03-29-2015, 10:11 PM