the Rift

Last Sacrifice

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Roskuld, daughter of Time, was the first to answer the call. And while she seemed to fall into a mild stupor over the beast's appearance. The dragon's green and bronze scales glistened in the sunlight that fell upon them – or at least on the ones that weren't covered in blood. He probably seemed like such a mess to the singular demigod, thus why she probably asked what had happened. Normally, the dragon would have answered instantly but he decided to wait for the others to come instead before addressing them all.

Not long after, Isopia and Mesec and Aithniel all showed up in that prospective order. Isopia seemed to be the bravest or the dumbest of them all by stepping forward and offering the dragon a drink of water from the draconian shaped form of water she made. Luckily for her the beast was one of the good guys, and emitted a low ground shaking rumble from deep within his throat before graciously taking a sip.

The beast waited until after Mesec asked what they could do to help and after Aithniel questioned his means of bringing them all together to speak to them all. His words

“I called you all here as I did because it was the simplest way to reach all of you,” he answered Aithniel's question. His words sounded about in multiple tongues but no matter what the demigods heard they would understand. Annoyance was also slightly laced in his tone due to the fact that he had to explain his actions. Then he turned to Isopia.

“Thank you dear child,” his gratitude clearly present in his voice as he thanked her before addressing them all as a whole, “It is my duty to protect civilization from magical artifacts that can bring harm if in the wrong hands. I was going about my business when one of the magical items proved to be more...difficult than I had anticipated. I did manage to destroy it, but at great cost as I am now injured to the point of grounding.”

A quick glance was sent towards the bag that he carried and then his attention turned back towards the group of demigods. They could help him get back to his full strength, though clearly they had no clue that they each held the ability to do so otherwise one of them would have already done so. For a few minutes the beast pondered how to share with them the fact that they could indeed heal them. Then he knew exactly how to do it.

Four times the dragon sucked in air, filling his chest full of oxygen. Four times he puffed out balls of smoke from his nostrils. And with magic, the wise dragon embedded each ball of smoke with the knowledge and skill that each of the demigods needed in order to help him. Then he blew each of them in the direction of their intended vessel. A green cloud for the child of Earth. A golden cloud for the child of Sun. A purple cloud for the child of Moon. And a blue cloud for the child of Time. Once the clouds reached their intended the vapors of knowledge swirled around the bodies of the demigods cloaking them until it soaked into them and gifted them with the knowledge that was required to help the dragon.

“I need for you to heal me so then I may continue my mission of protecting the world from dangerous artifacts,” he said as he worked to shift his body. All of his weight had been laid upon only one side and it grew uncomfortable so gingerly he moved about. But before he was done moving a loud ripping noise echoed about the air. Instantly the dragon's attention turned to the leather bag that he carried. Dread filled the dragon's mind as he saw the bag rip open and items begin to fall out of it. The first item to fall was a book.

“Beware of that book,” The beast spoke to all the demigods thru a mental connection he wouldn't have done if he wasn't worried about their safety.

When the book fell upon the ground it opened up and instantly music became audible.

It's a whosis!
It's a whosis?
It's a whatsits!
It's a whatsits?
Who's that?
Who's there?
Who's where?
Beware!!!

The source of the voices was unexplainable but as soon as the word beware was shouted a giant swarm of colorful insects burst from the pages of the book and flew towards the demigods and the beast.

Who's that hiding in the tree tops?
It's that rascal
The jitterbug!
Should you catch him
buzzing 'round you?
Keep away from
The jitterbug!
Oh the bees in the breeze and the bats in the trees
Have a terrible, horrible buzz
But the bees in the breeze and the bats in the trees
Couldn't do what the jitter bug does.
So just be careful of that rascal
keep away from
The Jitterbug!
The Jitterbug!

The last of the bugs had left the pages and a maniacal cackling began to sound from the book but before its source could leap from the pages the dragon's tail finally reached the book and shut it closing the portal between the written world and this one. Sadly though, the bugs had already made it through.

“Beware of those insects! If they bite you, you'll begin to dance uncontrollably until either they are defeated or until you die!” the urgency in the dragon's voice made the situation seem all the more dire. First though the jitterbugs tried attacking the beast but once they noticed that they couldn't get through his thick scales they turned onto the next closest living things: the demigods. Hopefully, they would be able to defeat the jitterbugs and heal the beast before any more items fell from his bag full of dangerous magical items.

Talk

Jitterbugs from The Wizard of Oz have escaped the confines of their book! You must defeat them AND work on healing the dragon at the same time. Good luck on avoiding the jitterbug's bite for once bitten you will have to dance until they are all defeated or until you die from exhaustion!

@[Mesec] @[Aithniel] @[Isopia] @[Roskuld]

darknightoftroy

Messages In This Thread
Last Sacrifice - by Random Event - 03-23-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Roskuld - 03-24-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Isopia - 03-24-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Mesec - 03-24-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Aithniel - 03-25-2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Random Event - 03-30-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Roskuld - 03-31-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Isopia - 04-01-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: Last Sacrifice - by Mesec - 04-03-2015, 11:30 AM