the Rift

[PRIVATE] Courtesy Call [Gaucho]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Having never considered herself to be physically attractive, she did not assume that Gaucho would be looking at her in any other way but neutral. She did not have the feminine curves of Sohalia nor the high-set, flashing tails of other mares. Her vibrant eyes were cursed being two shades, odd and unsettling. In fact, for being delicately featured in the face, her body was long and genderless, possessing just enough muscle to be a male reaching puberty or a female athlete. Every glance in a mirrored pool at her reflection reaffirmed her understanding that she was not beautiful - just… odd.

So as he stared, she furrowed her brows tightly over her face, wondering what he was looking at. Was he trying to reconcile his friendship with Midas? Was this a moment of inner turmoil? The thought of him ever being in any sort of emotional quandary made her smile; he was too strong and too steadfast for such trivial thoughts to ever overtake his rationale. Perhaps this was why she liked him so much. She could trust him to give her an honest answer, untainted by personal bias and emotional dislike. Unlike her… she thought bitterly, remembering the untamed violence she felt from her sister’s memories.

Oh, she still wanted to kill Midas for hurting her sister, and she openly admitted that the the emotion was irrational. That did not halt her bloodlust in the least.

Her thoughts darkened, flashing to the murder of Midas’ child. What would he think when his own child died? Would he then understand the transgressions he performed against Ktulu? Would his tear-stained cheek meet the ground and knees fall upon the earth, heartbroken, as he realized how foolish he truly was?

Honestly, she did not think so. Many evenings alone had she spent thinking about Midas and why he was the way he was, and her only conclusion was that he was the most selfish being she would ever meet. Polite in some ways, but selfish. How else could he be so blind to his own actions? How else could he be so thoughtless to the pains and needs of others? Midas always seemed confused when hatred was thrown his way, too arrogant and caught up in his own world to see beyond the haze of his own desires.

As a creature who had given so much of herself that emptiness and numbness followed, she hated Midas for this - even if he did not realize his own sins.

Yes, this was personal.

”Midas had every chance to do the same,” she said coolly. ”Illynx offered. He refused. I just ask that you do your best not to alert them of our plans. For my sister’s sake and for my friends in the Edge, I want this to go as smoothly as possible.” Ktulu was her blood. She was her link to reality. Everything. There was nothing she would not do for her twin, even if that task brought her to the gates of death. Nothing else in the world would ever make as much sense as this one, pure emotion shining brightly in the shadows of her dimmed heart.

Ophelia did not understand why he would so freely give them gifts, but his smile was infectious, and she could not help but smile in return. ”You have already given so much, but I know better than to argue when your mind is set.” She bowed her head deeply, a sign of utmost respect. ”We will accept them gratefully, and I will ask our crafters to do the same.” His outstretched wings flamed, giving her hope that he would do what he said.

”Thank you, Gaucho. I must go now.” Ophelia, not one for physical gestures, reached forward and placed an awkward, chaste press of her lips against the side of his neck. Clearing her throat, she turned, waiting for the bridge to appear before racing out of the Dragon’s Throat, the northern mountains of her home chanting for her return.

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Courtesy Call [Gaucho] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Courtesy Call [Gaucho] - by Gaucho - 03-31-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Courtesy Call [Gaucho] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Courtesy Call [Gaucho] - by Gaucho - 03-31-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: Courtesy Call [Gaucho] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: Courtesy Call [Gaucho] - by Gaucho - 03-31-2015, 12:12 PM