the Rift

[PRIVATE] Orange sunrise
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia breathed heavily, her steady inhale and exhale puffing white as she finally found the north. The journey to and from the Dragon’s Throat was exhaustingly long, and her muscles burned. She puffed, nostrils flaring with strain as she forced her cloven hooves past green, mountain trees and through snowbanks and pine needles. The pale princess had spoken to Gaucho, ensuring his silence in this battle, and the accomplishment was only overshadowed by the pain biting between her rips from lack of breath.

Tinek, having rejoined with her moments before, flew steadily at her side. His silver scales and her silver armor gleamed in the sunlight, and she absently blinked crystalline snowflakes from her white lashes, sending them tumbling along the pale hairs of her coat now covered in sweat. The pale princess managed to find their location of meeting hours later beneath a swiftly setting sun, and she came to rest, finally, beneath a lone tree living dangerous close to a freezing ocean. Dark blue waters matched the deeply colored skies, and the large, orange sun began its rapid descent into the horizon.

There, she waited and cleaned herself carefully in the water, watching Tinek fish, diving and and out of the waves with his meal. She smiled absently, pleased that he had created a life for himself and that both of their hearts were united in beautiful, loving harmony. Two, delicately shaped ears waited for the leaders to arrive, pleased that this alliance was finally culminating into something great. How long had she waited for war? How much tension could build before it finally broke? Hopefully, they would not have to wait much longer.

Once all had gathered, she took a deep breath. ”Thank you for coming,” she said, bridging the gap between strangers with her common ties. She was a sister in bond to Archibald, knew Kahlua, helped Kaj and served with Deimos. Her relations were few and strong, especially among this wise and clever company. ”I am pleased to express our agreement to fight with you in your plight to escape the shadows of the Moon Goddess,” she said clearly. ”Deimos will know more than I, but we will heavily contribute to your cause since the Falls are no friends of ours. Too long have they denied our request for an alliance while speaking ill of our open home with prejudice and cruelty. The reward of Midas’ downfall is enough for me to fight beside you without question.”

Ophelia took another, deep breath. ”Gaucho will not fight against us either, so we are free now to discuss tactics. I have the power to read minds and can turn invisible at will. I can also speak into the minds of others. What you cannot shout above battle, I can say without speaking. Communication can occur through me without altering anyone to what I share,” she admitted freely, though she was normally not so forthcoming about her powers. ”I suggest that Archibald, you take the assault to the main entrance while we follow an inside lead to a second entrance. Those who have the powers of invisibility can follow me through the bank and attempt to flank them as much as possible. I do not know the layout of the land, so I will be moving blindly.”

”Tinek can help me navigate from the sky, but this will involve a coordinated effort. If any of you disagree or wish to compound upon the skeleton of my idea, I would be pleased to listen.”

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

@[Archibald]
@[Deimos]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Orange sunrise - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Orange sunrise - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Orange sunrise - by Deimos - 03-31-2015, 05:32 PM