the Rift

[OPEN] Greetings and threats
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

And when my sins are just a memory...

Ophelia had briefly returned home from the battle, limbs aching from having run clear across Helovia prior to standing still, watching the forces fall with ease. She had duties to attend to in the World's Edge, promises to keep to Kahlua. But, she could rest - if only for a moment here in the mountain fortress she called home. The pale princess sighed a puff of frost, not realizing all that had happened since she had been absent - least of all a death. That Ulrik was not here was a detail she did not miss, but the stallion often wandered.

Thus when Gaucho arrived at the entrance to her land and Ranjiri ran to greet him, she followed close behind, nothing hot at her heels. By the time she joined the group, she heard the tail end of the conversation, and that gave her pause. She furrowed her brows. Midas was dead? Lightning? What? Certainly she had to be wrong. Ophelia was aware that they had captured him, their tactics sound when invading, but she looked around, not seeing the black and white paint.

Surely they had just let him go... that was what they were supposed to do anyway.

Ranjiri had her face pressed against Gaucho, and Ophelia walked forward, expression laced with subtle concern and disbelief. She offered a kind not to Gaucho and then blinked, wondering if she should access the filly's memories for the truth. "What do you mean?" she asked softly. "Midas is dead?" The words alone were haunting. Phi looked up to Gaucho, frowning.

"Our spies captured him and another mare to aid in our invasion; I told you we were attacking soon," she replied softly, brows furrowed. "But he was supposed to be released now that the war is won..." Ophelia's voice trailed off, turning her elegant, white form toward the mountains. "You are sure he did not leave?"

Memories accessed.

No.

Ophelia's dual colored eyes widened in shock, her gut clenching with guilt and anger. He just died? Just like that? Lightning, in her home? The pale princess' lips parted uncertainly, shaking her head. "I... what? Where is his body now?" Ulrik.... She would have to go after him - or send someone else after him, and soon.

THANKS KAY

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ranjiri - 04-18-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-18-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ranjiri - 04-18-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-19-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ophelia - 04-19-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Deimos - 04-19-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Thranduil - 04-19-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ranjiri - 04-20-2015, 08:51 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-20-2015, 09:20 PM