the Rift

Let You Down[Kanti]

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
There's something I'm not revealing...

The stag was no mind reader, but the expression on the flicka’s face and the new light in her eyes allowed him to guess at her thoughts. He took a moment to mull over what he must look like to her. A noble golden knight, come to sweep her off her hooves and gallop away into the setting sun, just like all the stories his adopted dam had told him when he was young. Well, if she wished to believe he was her prince, he’d just have to play that part. To do otherwise would be cruel. Something twisted and dark that dwelled deep inside of him smirked coldly, though on the outside he maintained a mask of kindness.

Words were flowing from her now, rushing out eagerly, offering him useful information. Complex mind drew her name and herd in to be carefully filed away and kept, safely stored until he no longer had need of it. There had been countless others before her, of course, all of them remembered. Names and information popped up unbidden; Samarah, the little Arabian who smelled of the desert he still longed for. Juliet, a red maiden with the sweetest smile. Luna, Lipizzan fae dancing with such grace that it could hold others spellbound long after she ceased. And…her. A mental shield flared into being, a protective measure of his own creation, erected to block the memory of a chocolate coat and black eyes.

He mentally yanked himself away from the scent of rain and oak, leaving the haunting slyph behind in the labyrinth of his head. Orbs scanned the filly before him, with her sunlight and snow pelt, and blue eyes that focused shyly on the ground. He had yet to answer her questions, he realized, an unforgivable offence. All of his attention was supposed to be riveted on the lady, the little creature he called princess. The charming soulmate was not supposed to be distracted by thoughts of another love.

Sandman let a sheepish smile slip across his maw, eyes filling with apology. “Forgive me, my lady, my thoughts ran away with me. I belong to no herd, since I have the tendency to roam more than any leader is willing to put up with. I’ve got the heart of a gypsy I’m afraid, and travelling is much more to my liking than settling with a group in one land. As to your other question, I’ve only been in Helovia for little over a week. Perhaps you could show me around sometime? If you’re not busy, of course.”

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
Let You Down[Kanti] - by Sandman - 10-09-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: Let You Down[Kanti] - by Kanti - 10-13-2012, 05:54 PM
RE: Let You Down[Kanti] - by Sandman - 10-13-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: Let You Down[Kanti] - by Kanti - 10-14-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Let You Down[Kanti] - by Sandman - 10-16-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Let You Down[Kanti] - by Kanti - 10-18-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: Let You Down[Kanti] - by Sandman - 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM