the Rift

[OPEN] Shadow in the deep
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
With fire to keep us warm, and tools we made from rocks and bones

Vorsa trilled happily happily as Ophelia's gaze was drawn to her. She was so unlike both Mara and Gaucho, in that she was friendly, outgoing, and seemingly trusting of all. Her body burst haphazardly into flame, causing her to softly coo her apology. She still didn't have any control over her elemental powers yet, and bursting into flame happened more often than not.

"That Vorsa." He answered, blue-striped shoulders shrugging. "Means fire in Gaucho's language." Such an obvious name.

As Ophelia recited the bullet points of the Invasion, Gaucho's darkened stare focused attentively, and his ears drew forward with her words. That Midas hadn't created an army was not surprising ... for all of his battle prowess and leadership, Midas too often saw the best in others. At least, when he wasn't created enemies out of shadows, as he had with the Basin. Sighing, the dun shook his head ever so slightly as Ophelia mentioned wasted forces. He thought it good that she at least acknowledged their military miscalculation, and was now even more content with his decision to obey her request, and stay at home. Clearly the might of the sands was not required. Ophelia's leadership had done what the Basin failed to do previously - their last Invasion had been a whopping failure, regardless of how many of his brethren had been slaughtered. They had spread themselves too thin, and were sent home the losers on two fronts. At least Ophelia's insights had not made them make the same mistake again.

However as she mentioned leaving the Basin, Gaucho's antlered skull jerked upwards slightly, as if physically pulled by her words. Still, his lips remained sealed. The former Lady was clearly not finished. Confusion was clear on his face as Ophelia mentioned that her life had moved in a good direction, which meant she couldn't be a good leader. The two .. didn't seem mutually exclusive to Gaucho. Why could she not have both? Hearing that Deimos took her self-demotion poorly was not so surprising. Gaucho didn't know the Reaper well, but it seemed Ophelia had been a fount of expansion and growth within the Basin. Without her, surely things would change. And perhaps not for the better.

At her mention of her temper, Gaucho's dark lips parted slightly. He had witnessed Ophelia's temper on more than one occasion, and it amused him to think of it directed at the solemn Reaper. Why in Edgeeeee? Mara voiced in his mind. It was a thought Gaucho had as well ... Hadn't the entire invasion occurred because so many didn't want to be in the Edge? Because of the Goddess?

"Kahlua stay? Gaucho think they all want to be away from Edge. Because of what Goddess do?"

The dun might have been used by the Goddess, but even so he didn't feel any real sense of betrayal or revenge inside of himself. He had been a pawn - he didn't take her actions or control over him personally. Although, should the opportunity ever arise to pay her back for all the pain she inflicted and free-will that she stole from him, he would happily rise to the occasion.

I am… following my heart. Something I’ve never done before. It’s… new, and frightening. Please tell no one I said that…

The change in Ophelia softened Gaucho's expression as well, even though the content of her admission seemed so ... foreign to him. "Gaucho never do that." He offered, a secret of his own. By the tone of his voice, it was clear that it wasn't because he had opted not to follow his heart, but because the matter had never come up. Briefly his mind flickered to Sohalia, but then immediately to Ampere. Sohalia had forgiven him his transgressions, and then disappeared from his life. Ampere ... hated his actions, but never did she ask him to change. She mocked and screeched her out rage when he came upon Vorsa, but everything had been done too late. Similarly with his capture of Hotaru and Confutatis. Their anger together was always backwards facing, always dwelling on what had already come to pass. Who else but Ampere could have the sway over Gaucho, that someone had over Ophelia?

Is there anything I can do for you while I am here?

His lips fumbled and his gaze betrayed the hesitancy he felt. The word, stay bloomed in his mind and on his lips, but from where, Gaucho didn't know. He buried it, swallowing hard and shaking his head firmly no in response. Why ssssssssstay? Mara silently inquired, peering into the depths of his mind for a response. In it, she only found isolation. Gaucho was a mountain, both as a warrior and as a leader. Strong, regal, and impregnable. But, like a mountain, he was also alone. Ophelia was like a comet, one that circled by every so often gracing the darkness with shimmering light. His conscious mind would never ask her to stay - could never ask her to betray whatever happiness she seemed to have found. But deep down, some part of him clung to her brightness, for in her absence, the darkness was overwhelming.

waaat. I don't know where that came from.

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Shadow in the deep - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Shadow in the deep - by Gaucho - 05-23-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Shadow in the deep - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: Shadow in the deep - by Gaucho - 05-24-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Shadow in the deep - by Ophelia - 06-03-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Shadow in the deep - by Gaucho - 06-06-2015, 03:41 PM