the Rift

The Road Goes Ever On

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

A warm smile spread on the golden's lips to see the stag return his gesture, wings settling into a relaxed position against his sides. Words were a welcome change to the silence of his travels, and for a stag who thrived on kinship and conversation, it was like being brought back to steady ground from the throes of withdrawal and depression. Kaj had heard so many introductions, a thousand names and experiences and desires in his time as a recruiter. So he smiled and tilted his head to regard the lad, as happy with the response as he was when last he'd heard it. In fact, it was close to what Kaj had said when he'd first encountered someone in the Threshold. So you could blame him for being nostalgic. He was in his prime, but certainly older than most of the younger generations that were recruiting lately.

Though, with how Elrond seemed to be Kaj's age, maybe that was why their philosophies were apparently so similar. "I said the same thing when I stood in these lands," he rumbled happily, eyes aglitter with amusement at the irony. "Wandering is a fine past time. The Threshold is generally for recruiting, but when I came into Helovia I was aided by a mare who dwelled only in the wilds, and visited here only to help as much as I could. I suppose I hold too fond regard for her memory, for I hope to do the same," the Czar chuckled softly in a voice like summer thunder. "So, are there any questions I can answer for you?" Archibald was still in the Falls, and the journey was long regardless, so Kaj had ample time.

From the woods came a pale visage, one he sadly remembered from the invasion. Kaj gave a small smile, not sure how it would be received by the maiden, and dipped his head respectfully towards her as she moved forward to join their little group. He knew her name, but only because the Falls had been in charge of instating the new leads and positions of the old Edge land. "Good eve, Elsa." It was all he'd say, for fear of turning her wrath upon him. It seemed nobody really understood his reasoning behind the invasion, and though he wished they would have stayed in the Falls rather than outcasting themselves, they were individuals who could not be tied down nor forced into anything they didn't desire.

They were interrupted by a young fae, very young. Overly eager. But she was sincere in her desires, and Kaj was sympathetic to her misunderstandings. It was something of a sin that his own people had likely committed in their perusing of the Threshold. There was no need to scold her for it, though he was sad to see Elrond's face crumple and turn a bit shadowed, uncertain or perhaps uncomfortable with the realization that they were hoping for him to follow them and become yet another bolstering number.

Kaj had recruited many a fellows in his day, from his time as an Edge citizen to being their Wingleader, then as King, and even still as Czar of the Hidden Falls. It had never been his desire to lie to anyone, to jump immediately into the situation at hand. Why? Well, perhaps it was because he emulated Tor, the one who had met him in the Threshold. The medic lass had been an outcast, with no preference nor partiality to where Kaj went. Instead, she had calmly answered all his questions, and when he had made his decision had walked with him to the World's Edge and helped him - as a friend rather than a loyal subject - through the joining process.

Kaj had emulated her from the beginning, learning from her that the best way to add someone to your family was to treat them as such. He'd experienced quite a lot in the mysterious threshold, including chasing a beautiful mare through the firefly lit darkness to drink with her at the crisp winter pools of the night. She'd not wanted chains nor herd life, and instead, Kaj had bid her a fond farewell with lingering memories that he still happily called upon. He had told Elrond as much about Tor, and was proud in a way to see that Elsa was quite like himself, preferring conversation over capitulation.

"You have much to learn, young one. Sit, stay a while. Converse with the fellow. Just because he has horn upon brow does not mean he is fit for your family, after all what if he were dangerous?" Kaj doubted as such, but his tone was very gentle, almost paternal. Nothing mocking nor cruel about it. "Come, speak with us a little. The journey is long, and we have time. Corporal you say? A fine rank for one so young." Perhaps that would loosen her up a little, get her interested in conversation, perhaps even share her thoughts and dreams. Kaj hoped so.

Turning cobalt eyes upon Elrond, the sunny brute smiled kindly."Do not feel pressured to agree to any of our suggestions of returning to our herdlands with us. Life as an outcast - truly, what a horrible name - is just as fulfilling as one in a family. Our job is supposed to be aiding you, not ourselves." Turning eye to the other girls he laughed, a deep throaty thing that was all amusement and joy. "Or perhaps I'm simply getting old and out of touch!"

Please excuse Kaj being old and nostalgic, he hasn't been in the Threshold in a LONG TIME xD
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
The Road Goes Ever On - by Elrond - 06-15-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Kaj - 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elsa - 06-16-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Ki'irha - 06-16-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elrond - 06-18-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Kaj - 06-20-2015, 01:18 AM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elsa - 06-20-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Ki'irha - 06-21-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elrond - 06-21-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Ki'irha - 06-21-2015, 11:02 PM