the Rift

[OPEN] WHO WE ARE

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

With nightfall liberating the dark wood of any heat or comfort, I fought the urge to shiver against the violent winter wind. It was a biting thing –like needles pricking the skin- and it was honestly a wonder I’d managed to find anyone out and about in such unbearable circumstances. Hell, it was a wonder that I was trudging about in the Deep Forest so late in the night… I guess a lonely heart can rob one of any personal preservation, hm? Yet, it appeared that I was the only lonely heart in these parts –perhaps it was of my own culpability, but that was neither here nor there- because the patchwork stallion with his giant, leonine tail was certainly not as lonely as I.

His little maiden, though fair, seemed to appreciate his guardianship over her and when he flung that enormous tail about in some symbol of invitation, she came to his side like some lovesick puppy desiring attention. Cocking my head in their direction, I watched her approach and press her curious –Aqua? Blue? Teal?- muzzle into his (though not before giggling like some innocent schoolgirl who wore pigtails for fun). Instead of gawking at the lovefest like the sleazy onlooker I was, I glanced down to study my hooves and the snow that gathered around them. The ground was frozen and hard, and as I rolled all of my weight into my shoulders, I tried to refrain from being the complete ass I was about to become. Sometimes a man just couldn’t resist. “So, what, are you all lovers? Or just courting… or whatever you monogamists call it?” I finally questioned while looking up at them again. “I mean if you were looking for privacy, then by all means,” I reassured heartily while motioning for them move on.

After all, who was I to deny the man a shot at such an incredible lady (schoolgirl or not)? I mean, they were standing close enough and she was all smiles like she was hiding a secret that I wasn’t privy to. I hoped they weren’t planning on asking me to join… But there was always some ulterior motive to meeting those that went bump in the night, or hump given the right situation. Besides, what else was this dude trying to get at? We could find ourselves? Honestly? “I’m not sure I understand… but I only have one direction if you know what I mean,” I answered while looking at each of my companions in turn. Even the fair lady seemed adamant about my company… I mean if she -not he- wanted a romp in the woods- dammit, I needed to learn to control myself. I certainly had no desire to be a third wheel, I knew that much, and I was about to reiterate that fact before they both starting spewing complements about the damn Aurora Basin. What did they do to their citizens up there- brainwash them? I mean, that frightening little demon named Jorogumo had also tried to get me to visit.

But she didn’t really have eyes… so I guess it was fair that I’d declined, right?

Shifting uncomfortably, I nodded at Ashamin –as he’d named himself- and considered what he’d said about heading to the north. Well at least he wasn’t asking me to… -that was a relief. “I hear it’s a fine place to be,” I commented of the Basin. Of course, it would only be a fine place to be if I’d had any interest in living there, but then again… why didn’t I? I’d wandered about for this long and done absolutely nothing. I’d encountered a few friendly faces, enjoyed a few others, and now I was left to ponder the idea of possibly asking to join them. I mean, what would it hurt? The lovers seemed like an awfully pleasant pair, if anything… “Sir Flattered certainly wouldn’t offend me, but in my downtime I go by Atlas,” I smiled in response to the darling-of-a-creature that was the lovely maiden. “Well, if you’re in a position for company, I’d be delighted to join you… to the north,” I suggested with a slight nod.

We’d be like the three amigos or three peas in a pod, or two peas in a pod plus me. Either way I’d be on my way toward a new and exciting adventure.

Atlas

Save your light
image credits

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-13-2015, 01:09 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-13-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 06-14-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-14-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-16-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-24-2015, 10:41 PM