the Rift

The Road Goes Ever On

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

A smile creased the pale muzzle of the eldest pegasus at Elrond's words, oceanic eyes soft with understanding. Aye, the world was labyrinthine, and his own weary steps had trod too many paths for the Czar not to understand the desire Elrond was displaying. After all, had he not sought the same, so many years ago? Helovia had become his resting place, eternally. There would never be another home for him, it had become clear long ago. Perhaps the same could be said of Elrond? "This land has become home for us all. I hope it shall extend to you the same personal invitation it did us," the brute rumbled pleasantly, sincere in his confessions. There was a reason they were all there, after all. Family, duty, perceived notions of dominance and success. But their reasons for remaining in Helovia? That was far clearer. There was never the notion to leave. Did they fell its sway in their bones as he did? The roots he could always feel extending from his hooves into the land?

Perhaps he was getting soft and sentimental in his old age.

HA. Old. As if.

The youngest of them seemed to react pleasantly enough to his gentle corrections, and Kaj's smile warmed upon her, proud to see how she received it. "You will learn quickly," he assured kindly. "And even if not, you've nothing but time. Make your errors now while you are young." Ah yes, that was definitely sentimentality. It was almost embarrassing, but Kaj was too sure of himself, too grounded to feel anything like that.

Elrond was quick to reassure the beautiful child, and Kaj regretted to see her go when she declined. So quick, so eager, ever moving. Kaj only partially envied her, for life was so much better when the little things were noticed, collected like little seashells in a glass jar to gaze at in times of sorrow and trouble. It was what had gotten him through the invasion - the little things. How many had he missed when he was her age? How many was she missing now? "Travel safely," he called as she turned and melted into the winter shadows.

Whatever lingering he felt of her presence was banished as Elrond turned to him, questions on his lips and curiosity on his features. "I call the Hidden Falls my home. It is young, I regret to say because of an invasion. But it is strong, I try to know every member personally, for we are built on family and love first and foremost. We are allies with nearly every herd in Helovia, if it is safety you seek. I can offer you only brotherhood and a chance to grow, where I hail from." There was no regret to color his vocals when he spoke. It may not be flashy and beautiful like the Aurora Basin, but it was honest. Heartfelt, soul-deep, beautiful. The Falls members had followed him out of loyalty, love. They remained for the same reason. It was a family through and through, and though Archibald would call him a sentimental fool, Kaj had never regretted that decision.

I'll make a thread for you while we finish this, and have Elrond transferred to a Falls member! @[Elsa]
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
The Road Goes Ever On - by Elrond - 06-15-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Kaj - 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elsa - 06-16-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Ki'irha - 06-16-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elrond - 06-18-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Kaj - 06-20-2015, 01:18 AM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elsa - 06-20-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Ki'irha - 06-21-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Elrond - 06-21-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: The Road Goes Ever On - by Ki'irha - 06-21-2015, 11:02 PM