the Rift

Perseverance
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

Birdsong arrived slowly, and she looked up at the myriad of trees adorned with crisp, green leaves. Snow melted into the ground, and the scents were rich all around her, a musky smell of rebirth and vibrancy. Squirrels raced up trees. New life was beginning to grow, but her heart was still winter. Snow and ice still fell within her soul, a chill to the beauty around her. The only hearth in her heart was being built by one other - Torleik. She held hope that he would be able to truly love her, but after years of solitude and fallen comrades, she could not ignore the troubled fate that followed in her steps. 

Ophelia had spent some time in the far reaches of the world, uncomfortable with her new position. She had gone from Lady of the Aurora Basin - powerful and feared, to a lowly spy once more. Her position served both Torleik and Mauja, and she struggled to face her heart and their looks - both had such expressive, beautiful blue eyes. And she was but a moth, wild and drawn here and there. No longer did she feel like the master of her own fate, but she was content enough for now to wade through the uncertainty and observe her new path. 

But, she supposed she needed to truly serve her new herd, so she found herself in the woods again - the familiar threshold. Here, she had spent much of her time gathering souls to commit to whatever cause was popular at the moment. At least this cause was just the comfort of family, and she did not have to spin her wiles to convince strangers to follow her home. Ophelia blinked her strange, dual colored eyes, white lashes dancing over her high, elegant cheek bones. Split hooves jumped through the earth, Tinek, her silver dragon, racing along the boughs of the treetops and grinning his white, toothy grin. 

That was when she found this stranger. Ophelia was taller, but not by much. This stranger was thicker and of an earthier hue, a natural looking creature. Her horns were curled and matching, black hair tumbling in thick droves, and fur covered her lower legs. They could not have been more different - except for Ophelia's one red eye. It almost matched those of this stranger, and she stepped forward with curious confidence, mousy gray lips curling up into a small smile. 

Even their voices were different. Ophelia's angelic, chime-like tones were girlish and feminine, but this stranger had a strong voice, powerful where Ophelia was slight. "Welcome to Helovia," she said softly, bowing her head in respect. "My name is Ophelia, Munnin of the World's Edge - a knowledge seeker."  That did sound better than "spy" right? "Who are you?" The question was asked politely, and she stood quietly, observing with a curious, distant air. 

@Ophyreia

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-19-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophelia - 08-19-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Jahzara - 08-19-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-19-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophelia - 08-19-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ilios - 08-19-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Jahzara - 08-20-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-20-2015, 01:21 PM