the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II)

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

Chaos. There is no other word for it. Magic hums, throbs and pulsate through the air as fire, mist, shadows and other, less visible forces sizzle every which way. For every attack aimed at the wolf another is sent towards the Goddess, speaking volumes of her place within their hearts. The black sheep, the scapegoat, suddenly turned into a free for all even though she appeared to fight for Helovia. Lace had never had much to do with the Midnight Queen but for the first time he feel genuine sympathy for her. Even those who ought to pay respect and worship as residents in her land are turning against her - and his heart aches, because the feeling of being hated must surely be the same for mortal and immortals alike.

Then again... Immortal? If gods could bleed like this wolf did, then how long would it be before she too perished? Already this giant beast, this foreign, false existence was crumbling beneath the weight of their attacks. Lace found that his aim was true and felt pride surge through him as flames erupted upon the back of the beast. He leaped out of the way to escape a snap from strong jaws, coughing and blinking as foul miasma clogged his airways and made his eyes water, sting, leak...

When he could see again he spared a heartbeat to look out across the battlefield, and his heart skipped beats for every familiar face he saw, battling bravely for a cause unknown. He saw Tandavi, precious, beautiful little Tandavi singe the nose of a shadow-spawn with his own magic and felt his heart nearly burst with pride. There, in the very rear of the pack a silver beast barreled into the fray with fire blazing like a banner from the arched neck - a feline leaping into battle, a leopard with the heart of a lion. But what was Cathun, his son, doing here, why was he fighting, what were they doing letting an untrained youth into the battle?

Lace raged, fumed at the poor leadership within the Throat - or so he assumed at least - as the wolf crumbled, fell, seemed to fade. He blinked the last of the vapors out of his eyes and turned to find the familiar frame of Nyx not too far away, successful in her attack yet... something appeared to be wrong. Had she been hurt?

Then the carcass of the lupus erupted into several smaller wolves, a pack of black monsters that fell over them like a plague. Lace let out a war cry to quell the fear and raced towards his friend, the Iron-hearted, the wingless valkyrie. If she was hurt then he would help her, protect her, and if he could he would help the others too - this was not a battle they could afford to lose, he felt it in his very bones.

He kindled a second sun and this time he sent it up high in the air before letting it explode, hoping that the fire would rain down upon the wolves, shed light amidst the shadows and bright hope, strength and aid to anyone who needed it.

Picture by Vossity

Team Goddess

Lace hurries over to help and protect @Nyx and sends up a second sun, making it explode higher up in the air, hoping that the scattering fire will weaken several wolves.

Mentions Tandavi, Cathun and Nyx.
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Lace - 09-07-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Nuray - 09-08-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Nyx - 09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Tatiana - 09-11-2015, 01:17 AM