the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia the Forsaken

Very suddenly, she looked down and saw her own hooves, magic being torn away in an instant. She held her breath, knowing that the Goddess controlled this particular power, and she prayed even harder that her magic would work against the lavender demon. Her heart hammered in her chest, fearing the future. She was not afraid to die. Not once had she ever come to the doors of her demise with regret, but now? She had something... someone... to live for. 

The realization was, perhaps, more terrifying than its inevitability. She did not want to die. 

Crimson trickled from the corners of her nose again, and quite suddenly, the god's attention turned. Whether by divine intervention, the strength of her power or just sheer, dumb luck, Ophelia was saved from her actions, consequence free. Torleik's words stung her with ire as she heard them over the din of battle, his nose shoving against her neck to get her attention, and she shook her head softly, shaking loose the cloud of emotions and fog pervading he edges of her mind. 

Then, she speared him with a glare, ears flattening against the curve of her neck.  "My family was murdered by this goddess," she whispered in his head, emotion thickening every syllable. "They deserve their revenge, and this was my only chance." Ophelia took a step away from him, tears turning the two-tone shades of her eyes to reflective glass. She swallowed hard, guilty at her relief that she was out of the goddess' radar and even more guilty that she was torn between pouring her heart to avenge the dead and ensuring Torleik got his share. Her heart was not only hers to give anymore. 

"There is no punishment too strong for the agony of watching my nephew die. I still remember the way the air tasted that day. The color of the stormy sky. The depth of black from the fog... His bravery... " Ophelia's voice wavered, and she hitched in a breath, swallowing hard. 

Fortunately, she did not have time to wallow. The great wolf exploded into hundreds more of the little ones, and she lunged at them headfirst, horn lowered to spear as many as she could. Crimson dipped hair waved around her face, and her cloven hooves stuck in the dirt as she moved. Sadness turned to anger, and droplets of rain appeared as blood on her hide, sliding down the swell of her feminine sides in a disturbingly seductive way. 

Something deserved to die today. "FUCK. YOU." she snarled, curling mousy lips back from her white teeth as she felled her lifted hooves toward a shadow wolf. 

With every ounce of faith I give, I still feel it all coming undone
Image Credits

CONTEST WINNER
Reluctantly Team-MG (she ain't no dummy)
Ophelia aims to spear the wolves with her horn and then tries to rear up and smash another one...

@Torleik

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Nuray - 09-08-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Nyx - 09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Ophelia - 09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Tatiana - 09-11-2015, 01:17 AM