the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II)

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Your sweet memory

I can only call it ineffectuality.

I don't know how many things you've tried to do and failed. I don't know anything about you. It's getting old to say that, don't you think? To just say it over and over, like some sort of... mantra, like... I don't know you, I don't know you I don't-- fuck... god, I shouldn't curse with you, should I? I guess you'd be old enough now, but I shouldn't set a poor example.

I'm sorry, I'm just...

Perhaps it could also have been described as impotence. But every attempt to distract and derail was met with failure. Though I managed to miraculously escape without so much as a scratch on my well carved bodice, I had no effect. It was wonderfully disheartening, like an affirmation of my uselessness in this place.

I just didn't belong. But I suppose you don't have that problem, do you? Where you are, wherever you are... well, I guess you aren't alone. There's probably a lot of others, like you.

Tell me about it someday, will you? I promise, there will be a someday. Just be patient, please.

So there I stood, hopeless, in the middle of a battle belonging to a war I was not part of.

I saw her again and I wanted to scream. That idiot mender, so clearly not long for such fighting, trying to make a difference. And I would have gone to protect her myself, gone again to drag her out of the danger, but the sandman himself did his best, instead.

I can't describe exactly what came over me, then. Perhaps your brother has told you of how loathsome I found this creature to be when I first arrived in this strange land. But he protected her with such ferocity, perhaps even love, that I needed to do something.

I guess I had to protect him. I had to save both of their youth, with whatever was left of my age.

As if all my sensibility left me, I ran then in front of the pair of antlered and entangled souls. The wolf that ran towards us as a trio was menacing, a mutant mess, but I wasn't scared.

I think I was beyond fear, perhaps. Maybe too old for it, maybe just too preoccupied. But I reared on aching old hooves and crashed down with two more, aiming directly for that abomination's back.

And all I said was this:
"Save yourselves, you idiots!"
AHVELYN
image credits

Team Goddess

IN A SURPRISE TWIST Lyn runs to protect @Rohan and @Enna both, putting herself in between them and the wolf Rohan hopes to impale and rearing to strike down on the mutant wolf's spine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Nuray - 09-08-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Nyx - 09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Ahvelyn - 09-10-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part II) - by Tatiana - 09-11-2015, 01:17 AM