the Rift

white snow as red as strawberries [open]

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

It was awful. One minute I was running through the forest back at home. In the distance I could hear mother and father and brother calling to me, but no matter how fast I ran their voices only seemed to grow fainter and fainter. Somehow I manage to wind up on top of the cliff that was near the herd and still yet I could hear my family’s pleas for me. I had to get to them.

So I jumped.

I jumped straight off the cliff and outstretched my wings in an attempt to glide over the last bit of brush and soon I found myself crash landing to the ground just past them. A few minutes passed as I recollected myself and then I realized something: nobody was here but me. What exactly was going on? Did everybody leave without me? Did I miss something? The wind picked up and my ears swiveled as I could hear my family once more deeper within the herd land.

“Hey,”

The single word was barely audible and it came from within the woods. Puzzled, I looked around to see if there was somebody out there that I hadn’t noticed. But the voice didn’t call out again so I turned back and made my way towards where my family was.

That was a mistake.

My ice blue eyes grew wide as I stumbled upon a scene that my father used to set for the old days. An unmoving sea of red with viridescent red waves rolling with the coming breeze revealing the bodies of those who had fallen. Breathing become short and panicked as I forced myself to move through what was once my home. Every time I passed a corpse it seemed as though a tear fell too. These were all people that I had loved. People I had lived with. Friends. Family. Young. Old. It seemed that whomever did this didn’t care who they killed.

Then I saw them. Or rather it.

Whomever they were, they appeared as nothing more than a shadow. My eyes squinted as I tried to see what they were hunched over in the distance. What were they doing? Why were they here? Why did they kill everybody? Where were mother and father?

“NO!”

Out of instinct, I bolted towards the thing that was hovering over my mother. As I made my way towards them the mysterious shadow disappeared – going back to wherever it had come from. Tears burned at my eyes as I reached my mother. But I was already too late. She had already passed and not far off in the distance laid my father’s corpse. Sobs racked my little body as I fell to the ground.

“No. No. No. No. No.”

For the longest time I wept over their bodies. Then my ears swiveled backwards as I heard something. Had the shadow come for me too? I didn’t dare look up. I didn’t want to dance. I didn’t have the will to dance anyways. For all I could have cared it could have taken me, but then a voice echoed within the air and seemed to carry me away as the earth shrunk beneath me.

“Are you alright?”

My eyelids snapped open as the words brought me back to the waking world. Quickly my eyes caught hold of the black and white stallion that stood near me. Frightened, I jumped up and backed up into the bush some more as an attempt to hide myself. But once again I was too late. The stallion had already seen me, and what more there seemed to be some darker colored being a little ways off.  I peered at them both with widened, fearful eyes. Just who were these two and why were they here?

Slowly, I took a step out of the bush – all the meanwhile sniffing their scents even though I already knew I didn’t know them. As I unveiled my golden and green body I lowered my head as a sort of cautious move. In fact most if not all of my body language probably screamed of fear, but what else was an orphaned year old girl supposed to do when her mother taught her not to talk to strangers?

@Areli @Mauja
"speech"

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
RE: white snow as red as strawberries [open] - by Galiel - 09-22-2015, 11:16 PM