the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION)

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
so hold on
be strong
Heart thumbed loudly in fear and knees quivered but her grey form, particles of sand clinging to her hair, remained standing. White flashed in the corners of her welling blue eyes. They snapped shut in freight as the mighty tail came towards her. Instincts told her to run but her hooves remained planted where she stood. A child was behind her. A fragile, damaged, and precious little angel. She couldn't let her get hurt more - she wouldn't let her get hurt further.

In pure defiance, her heart aching to be rid of this villainous creature, she reared up. Adrenaline set her veins on fire as she threw her weight onto her back legs. The tail struck between her shoulders as she pushed upwards. While the tail was shoved away, the mare was not without injuries. Bruises were already starting to rise beneath her shoulders and her upper back. Blood trailed down her sides as scratches from the reptilian tail form.

As soon as she landed, wincing in pain as she did so, she turned to look at Erthe. Thank the Gods - the True Gods - she was okay. Evaneska struggled to keep herself afoot in case another attack came. But it didn't. Instead she watched as the black winged mare - the mother of the child - fell backwards toward a black and white horse that she had not notice arrived.

The series of unfortunate events to happen next would add more ghouls to haunt her mind. As the crocodile was felled so was Evaneska. She collapsed to the ground, wide eyes staring at the wounds of the mare. Erthe rushed towards her mother, her scream chilling. The dappled servant became oblivious to the things happening around her as the gruesome seen refused to release her gaze. She didn't get to see her friend blessed with magic, nor did she hear the words of the Sun God.

Time froze yet also ran too fast. At last she turned away, eyes pleading to the Sun God, "Please, my lord! Save her as you did us! Please! Don't.." Her injuries were forgotten as she stood, whole body trembling. "Someone! Anyone!" She didn't know what else to do besides try to flag down strangers or even the God's attention. "Please."

This was not peace.. this was not what had been promised. A young girl was losing her mother and for what?! Guilt drilled heavy into her heart. Send me back to the Rift, take my life. Reverse events so that this never happened. I do not care! Just please.. don't tear this family apart!"

mentions Sun God, @Shadow, @Erthë, briefly mentions Thantos
ooc Eska rears to deflect the attack but is heavily bruised on her shoulders and upper back. Scales cause shallow cuts. She then notices Shadow and, at first, she can do nothing before begging for the Sun God's help - or anyone's help.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION) - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 10:04 AM