the Rift

Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open]

Cleopatra Selene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She laughed quietly. "Foals? At one time I would have wanted a few, yes, but certainly not with a stallion I felt nothing for. With a stallion that would not stick around to know whether or not he'd impregnated me." She eyed him suspiciously, pointedly, as if to say, 'Like you.' "Love, however..." She looked away from him, and then said softly, "I cannot afford to love." She looked back at him with hard eyes. "And the last stallion I had any trust for tried to rape me. That is why I've been in a bad mood since we met." She got up and shook herself, stretching and then looking at the ground as if it were the most interesting thing she'd ever seen. "Of course I want a foal." She said softly. "What mare doesn't? But once upon a time I had one, and a mate as well. Before I came here. But they both betrayed me." Her voice turned cold. "Guess which one you remind me of, stallion. The cheater, or the deserter?" She bared her teeth at him for a moment before calming herself and looking down.

"I think I'll go now." She whispered, turning and beginning to walk away as if the conversation had aged her. "If you seek company like that... Go find someone else. Leave me to my misery, and go sire someone else's foal who won't care if you stick around or not." Her tone was harsh and cold, but she couldn't quite hide the edge of pain she felt cutting at her like a knife. "There are plenty of mares out there, stallion... Go after one of them instead." She lifted her head up high, and kept her face from view of the stallion. She refused to let him see the tears in her eyes. He reminded her so much of her old mate... Too much. Anger flashed in those black eyes, anger that the stallion could bring those memories back unbidden. Of course she wanted a foal! She missed her own, but he'd chosen to go with his rat of a father. In her mind, he'd betrayed her. He'd declared that day just how much he cared about her. She flattened her ears and bared her teeth, lashing out with hooves at a nearby tree. She wanted to scream at the agony of her memories, wanted to-- and there was her answer. A deep pool of water lay to the left. She froze, shaking, looking at it. She could plunge in and freeze to death, or drown... No more memories. No more attempts at rape. No more stallions trying to seduce her. Nothing but blackness... No more her.

Messages In This Thread
Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-25-2012, 04:29 PM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-25-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-26-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-27-2012, 03:26 AM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-28-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
RE: Memories Cloud my Mind Like Blindness Clouds the Sight [Open] - by Cleopatra Selene - 10-30-2012, 11:50 AM