the Rift

[PRIVATE] Only sleep now
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

Ophelia paused, her smug demeanor faltering as she watched with thinly veiled curiosity. A single word struck the self satisfaction square in the chest, and she blinked roughly, turning her head to the side as her mind churned. Didn't he have a mate? He mentioned Sohalia before, and she had seen the beautiful, pure white winged one. Was 'you' meant to be aggressive? His expression told her no, but the rough vocals were wild, dangerous. What reason did he have to look at her like this, then? To focus so entirely on her being without the intent to beat her into the ground with battle?

She knew they were compatible - in an interesting way. Chance and geography kept them apart and put them at odds when they would be an unstoppable force side by side. But nature has a way of balancing the universe and keeping two powers separated. They could snap and challenge each other, but they would never stand side by side and conquer Helovia one by one. No single herd could possess the brutal cunning of a master spy and an unrivaled warrior - the scales would tilt too far in one direction. And yet, here they were, with that look in his eyes as if he was not quite in the present reality.

Briskly, she checked her magic, ensuring she did not still have him ensnared in a spiral of sleep, memories and forgetfulness. No, no magical powers were at work here, and if she had been looking at his thoughts, she would see how right he was. She was no angel. She was chaos wearing a pretty coat and long lashes. Ophelia was a gun beneath a dress and a knife behind a smile. In every curve and beautiful look, there was danger. A shadow. He was dangerous too, but his violence blazed like an emblem on his wings, alerting all to his powers. She was a killer in the dark; hiding in plain sight.

Unafraid, she held her ground as he stood, lifting her neck slightly as she narrowed her gaze. She could not help the way her eyes roamed appreciatively over well worn muscles in his arched neck, but self control and love for another kept her hooves firmly settled in the aromatic grass. Wait... she looked back into his eyes. Had he noticed she had looked away? She held his gaze sternly, listening to his words with a flare of upset that rocked her loyalty. Ophelia merely blinked at the emotion, shaking her head slowly.

How had these tables turn on her? Wasn't she the one who was supposed to be smug?

"Someone has my heart, not the Edge," she clarified, having no ties or love for the Moon Goddess. Time to turn the tables back again. She smirked. "You mean you don't remember getting here? I'm offended," she teased, eyes glittering and displaying that she was obviously not emotionally hurt in anyway.

@Gaucho

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Only sleep now - by Ophelia - 10-12-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Only sleep now - by Gaucho - 10-12-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Only sleep now - by Ophelia - 10-12-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: Only sleep now - by Gaucho - 10-12-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Only sleep now - by Ophelia - 10-13-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Only sleep now - by Gaucho - 10-15-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Only sleep now - by Ophelia - 10-15-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Only sleep now - by Gaucho - 10-15-2015, 04:15 PM