the Rift

[OPEN] This Woman's War [birth]

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

The sun had barely begun to creep over the edge of the horizon, driven by the love and devotion of our Patron God to ignite the souls of those of the Dragon's Throat with vigor and faith in a new day. So much had been happening lately with strange new lands, and their even stranger immigrants, followed by intense battles and foreign diseases. The healers had been working relentlessly to find cures for these strange illnesses, my own case having been strangely healed when I had joined the last fight. With a sigh, I looked down at the small charm that I had received from the Sun God to commemorate my joining in the battle against the mighty crocodile. The scale glowed against the twilight hour, tied into my mane to play as a constant reminder towards my duties as a loyal member to the Dragon's Throat and follower of the Sun God. Though I had very little interaction with any of the Gods as a whole, I was pleased to know that the Lord of fire and light had not forgotten me. As I studied the small scale, I knew that I would here on out before forever loyal to Him, trusting in his wisdom and guidance, trusting in the family of the Throat that barely knew my name...I would prove to him that I was still a worthy follower, I would prove it to all of them that I was still a viable member of this society, quiet but useful to all those who would be in need of me.

As though the Sun God had heard my silent promise of dedication, a strange sound broke through the early morning air. A bird's frantic cries and screeches that even sent my beloved Pongo on edge, his large ears flicking back as a sense of unease washed over us both. 'Help!' The bongo was still only able to get a word or two through to me at a time, but his blunt direction needed no explanation as he bounded off towards the sound. Perhaps because it was the sounds of a companion's cry that Pongo knew something was wrong, giving me no time to waste as I rushed after him. Leaping over rocks and bushes, we headed towards the Oasis, racing the sun that urged me faster. It didn't take very long for the sharp, metallic scent of blood filled the air, accompanied by the slightly sweet smell of amniotic fluid. 'Sultana!'

I damn near skidded to a stop when Pongo's voice rang clear as day through my mind, fear rushing over me as I caught up to him only to confirm his truth. Lying on the ground was the Sultana of Dragon's Throat, nestled beside two newborn babes. Two?! "She needs help...Pongo, give them space." I commanded, sending him off to the side while I stepped a bit closer. From first glance, the children looked fine and I turned my focus to the pegasus mare that lay on the ground. Her falcon was desperately trying to wake her, and my ears flicked back with uncertainty as I tried to think of what it was she needed. Behind her, there was blood. So much blood. That couldn't be normal?

'Leaves.' My companion hinted, reminding me of when we had first met another healer, Badger. He had spoken of how he had kept a mare from bleeding out during childbirth with raspberry leaves. Quickly I reached back towards my mane, fishing through my braids for some of the herds I always kept stored for safekeeping while my thoughts reached out to the God of the Sun. I prayed for this to work, I prayed for the Sultana to wake up, I prayed for the babes to get to know their mother. "Come on, Sultana!" I shouted as I at last found the precious leaves and lowered my crown to the Sunspear. Gently, I tried to push my nose beneath hers to lift her crown in hopes that she would try and get her to wake just long enough to eat the leaves. "Don't fall asleep yet, you can't sleep! Look at your babies, they need you. They need you awake, you're stronger than this!" My voice cried out as I tried everything to encourage her to open her eyes while I tried to push the raspberry leaves half into her mouth. It was up to her to wake up, it was up to her to eat the leaves that could save her or leave them there as she slipped into an eternal slumber. Even Pongo bleated helplessly to try and get her to wake up, more or less shouting at her companion to keep trying as well.

Desperately, I searched the surrounding area for something else to help. Spotting a clump of moss growing on a nearby rock, grabbed a mouthful of it and headed towards the Sunspear's tail. "I'm sorry, forgive me." I muttered through a mouthful of moss as I got up close and personal with the bay mare's wounds from childbirth, pressing the moss against and spots that were still actively bleeding. Without any magical capabilities, there was nothing more left that I could do. My scarlet gaze looked up for the father of the children, hoping to meet eyes with him as I stepped away from my Sultana and patient. "It's up to her now..."

@Megeara @Einarr
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
This Woman's War [birth] - by Megaera - 10-18-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Morrigan - 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Badger - 10-19-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Einarr - 10-19-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Nizho - 10-20-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Asavvi - 10-28-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Megaera - 10-28-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Mordecai - 10-28-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Morrigan - 10-28-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Gaucho - 11-04-2015, 08:00 PM