the Rift

[OPEN] This Woman's War [birth]

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

Others had rushed to the aid of the Sultana, eager to help save the Sunspear from the darkness that beckoned her closer. I glanced at each new face, backing up respectfully as Gaucho stepped closer to the bay mare's body. My scarlet orbs widened with surprise as flames licked at her flesh without leaving a single trace of burns or scarring. My own breath had been choked in my throat as I watched with frightful eyes, hoping, praying to the Sun God that our beloved Sultana would awaken. Sure enough, the magic of Gaucho's power had revived her, healed her well enough for the mare to spring protectively to her feet. I could not blame the mare for her instincts, minding my space as she flared her wings out protectively over her children.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I finally released the baited breath that had lingered too long in my lungs, muscles that I didn't even know had been tensed releasing with gratitude. I had done all that I could for the Sultana, using all the knowledge that I was aware of to try and heal the mare. But it was not my doing that she had risen to her feet, it was the magic of our Sultan. Even the magic of other healers, ranked higher than I had been such as Badger, would have saved her. But I hoped that they could not fault me for trying, by the God's did I try. It didn't matter now, all that mattered was that the Sultana was alright and ready to bond with her young family.

When she thanked all of us that had come to her rescue, I dipped my muzzle respectfully towards her, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. This was not my place, I had no business intruding on the personal time that the mother would need to bond with her children. Glancing down at the nursing twins as she pointed them out to her mate, a smile flashed across my lips. Another filly, one that I didn't know the name of but certainly had seen around the Throat, began grooming the colt. I assumed she was a part of the family, and my presence was only growing even more unwanted. Mentally, I called Pongo to my side before he could get too curious and try to sniff the twins without Megaera's permission. "They are beautiful, Sultana. Congratulations." I wasn't even sure if she was entirely aware of what I had said as I dismissed myself from their private moment, lowering my muzzle to Pongo's rump to nudge him along. "See!" He protested in my head, a small, pleading bleat blurting from his mouth. 'You can see them later...We are not needed...'

OOC: Morrigan has left.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
This Woman's War [birth] - by Megaera - 10-18-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Morrigan - 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Badger - 10-19-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Einarr - 10-19-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Nizho - 10-20-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Asavvi - 10-28-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Megaera - 10-28-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Mordecai - 10-28-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Morrigan - 10-28-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: This Woman's War [birth] - by Gaucho - 11-04-2015, 08:00 PM