the Rift

[OPEN] "this is the part where you look at me
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Amaranthine
"Musing through memories, Losing my grip in the grey. Fighting to hold on, clinging to just one more day"

Sno...

Ophelia watched her fall, and she lunged forward, wanting to pull her to her feet and demand that she be all right. But words were meaningless. There were no incantations or whispers that could turn back time or heal a soul already being ushered by death. She was in his pocket now, ferried across the universe to the afterlife, and while this should be a comfort, all she felt was pain. No magic she possessed could mend any wounds, let alone these, and she stood helplessly to the side, sounds of anguish from Mauja a choir of regret. The pale princess lowered her head, feeling the guilt gnaw ceaselessly at her gut.

Roskuld was there as well, but she was standing. She would heal. And she was focused on Mauja. It would be wrong now to fuss over her state of being so selfishly. It would be wrong for her to say anything at all.

This was her fault.

Sno's sides were still heaving, and Ophelia reached out, trying to find her thoughts and heart beneath the layers of pain. What she heard was the last words Sno would think, and she hurriedly replied, hoping to ease her passing with a sense of peace. "I will tell him," she replied honestly. "He will know..." This would be her repentance. Only she could deliver this finality and make only a tiny silver lining in a hurricane. Ophelia blinked harshly, feeling tears roll down her cheeks despite her best efforts to cage her own heartache.

"Her last thoughts were: 'I didn't get to tell my dad I'm sorry. I didn't get to tell him that I do love him.'" she said quietly, hoping to give Mauja one more moment with the memory of his daughter. The Amaranthine watched with a breaking heart before hanging her head low. "I am so sorry..."

Then, she moved to Roskuld, making sure that she was okay. Trying to do anything right in a world where she seemed to only do wrong.

And all this time she was thinking... she was but one mortal. The Earth God could have done something- should have done something. He was the god of healing and renewal. He was the one who healed her sisters legs. Why would he do this?

Anger.

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by cos-tam

(permission from ali for the mind reading!)

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
"this is the part where you look at me - by Snö - 10-28-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: "this is the part where you look at me - by Ophelia - 10-29-2015, 09:55 AM