the Rift

[PRIVATE] castaway

Naja Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"No."

Her eyes close beneath the cloth that is wrapped around her face and she sighs because she had hoped to be wrong. She had hoped that the priest would still have his connection to the gods and the answers to the questions that plagued her mind. "Where are we? Why are we here? Can we go home and if so when?" She feels defeated and her body sags, slumps, and she leans against the priest at her side. "I can't either." She whispers. "I've always been able to feel them... but I can't here..." "And I want to go home." It is, perhaps, and irrational desire to return to the place that had her caged, but the priest had freed her. The gods were on her side.

“I think… I think one of Them followed us through but….but he is silent now as well.”

Her heart feels like it stops beating altogether and she lifts her head from where it is resting on the priest's shoulder. "The fight..." Her voice trails, but there is pain laced in every syllable. He ushered her away quickly, but she remembers the sound of fighting. She remembers screams and shouts, the crackling of fire, the trembling ground. "They ... they attacked him." She whispers, and each word is a knife in her heart. They attacked her god. She blinks and she shakes her head as if that will give her some understanding. They brought them all here and they attacked their god.

Why?

"We have to go back." She finally says, but she pauses when the priest tells her that he's lost the gift the gods had bestowed upon him. "You can't...?" And suddenly it makes sense, but she doesn't want it to. She wants to deny what is so blatantly obvious, but nothing else can explain their severed tie with their god or the priest's sudden inability to control metal. "He's dead." Her voice is quiet, solemn as she speaks what she feels can only be the truth.

"."

To the ends of the earth would you follow me?
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see
@Iscah

Messages In This Thread
castaway - by Iscah - 11-02-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: castaway - by Naja - 11-10-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: castaway - by Iscah - 11-10-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: castaway - by Naja - 11-16-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: castaway - by Iscah - 11-30-2015, 12:21 AM