the Rift

If I Leave My Grin Behind [open]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

But are things the way they seem? How could we ever know?

See this:

A painstakingly old Unicorn is walking towards our would-be Cheshire Cat. He walks with the lazy un-impressiveness of old age. And why should he be impressed? Has anything truly changed, from when he first breathed in life, so many years ago? Myrddin thought not – lives were taken for the same fleeting and unimportant reasons; decisions were made based on faulty logic and even when they weren’t…so what? It all came full circle and the madness began again.

As he scented the frost in the stagnant air, Myrddin couldn’t help but allow his mind to drown in philosophical investigations. Like: What if this was all a dream? How could he truly know that he was in fact awake, and on a collision course with the colorful unicorn? If it was a dream, would he have any evidence for it, that was not completely congruent with being asleep? Further, wouldn’t the sight of the oddly coloured little fellow actually count as reason to believe, that this was in fact a dream? But whose dream? For surely neither Myrddin nor Chester were anywhere that they wished to be.

Myrddin continued walking on the path, which would shortly bring him to Chester, lost in the sort of philosophical thoughts that only the old cared about; that only the old realized were important.

Messages In This Thread
If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Chester - 10-28-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Myrddin - 10-28-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Chester - 10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Myrddin - 10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Chester - 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Myrddin - 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Chester - 10-30-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Myrddin - 10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Chester - 11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: If I Leave My Grin Behind [open] - by Chester - 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM