the Rift

[OPEN] but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery]

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

Their voices dropped and rolled through the caves. All around the talk of stranger's bounced before slipping into Rei's dark ears. The pegasus had ventured into the caves in effort to entertain her bonded. She and Anka had enjoyed a rambunctious game of hide and seek before they lay down to nap. A quiet chirping sound of contentment rumbled in Rei's throat; it was rare for her to see Anka in such a deep sleep. 

After a gaping yawn the pegasus nudged the otter from her folded forelegs to the mossy floor. Will be back soon. Stay here. Rei pressed the thought through the link their souls shared hoping to leave an impression of the request. The area the pair had napped in was empty besides themselves but still the mare worried over leaving Anka on her own. 

'I will only be gone long enough to see what the gathering is about.' Rei thought to herself while nodding her head in agreement with herself. She had spent many days exploring Helovia's Heart before but it was not often to hear such a fuss in the caves; normally they were rather quiet.

Ears perked Rei allowed the voices who had sought her out to guide her to their source. 

"And my goal is to decipher and eventually use this written symbolism to communicate and find out more about Helovia's history." Her heart began to race and her eyes widened as Rei stepped forward to view the center of everyone's attention.

"These lands certainly are full of life during hours of darkness."  Rei's racing heart skipped a beat and then dropped to a slow rhythm that was the feeling of guilt. 

"I am Rei of--," Dragon's Throat; it was what she had started to say, but it was no longer true, "I am Rei of Helovia I suppose." Rei laughed uncomfortably and dipped her head to the others she felt vulnerable among the others while not belonging to a herd. Her thoughts filled with remorse for having left her herd. "I can write. I gladly offer my assistance in your adventure with the hieroglyphs."

Her music box collar had been tinkling out its faint melody throughout her time in the caves and it served as her voice while she pulled her writing supplies from its compartment. After a few tries she pressed her metal tip to her writing feather and dipped it in ink. With her tongue stuck between her lips in concentration and her eyes narrowed on the hieroglyphs Rei copied them into her book. 

"See?" She said to those around her, and not without pride, "What if I wrote them, and then traveled about in search of more like it or asked to see if any others have seen more like them?" After being quiet for a moment she added, "I could also make copies for anyone else who may volunteer to do the same."

Looking around Rei offered her friendliest look to everyone gathered. She could be facing the opportunity of finding purpose and she felt vastly in debt to the voices who had led her to it.

Quietly Rei listened to the mare who began to delve into the meaning of the wall writings. She was entranced by her words and drank in the equine's knowledge. While the stranger spoke Rei placed her writing tools back into their storage compartment. Rei's hooves then moved her in closer proximity to the other mare. Already questions formed for the stranger; Where was she from? How had she made such easy sense out of what had puzzled the rest of them?

"Wow." Rei breathed. "My grandsire would have loved to have met you." Politely she dipped her head to the seemingly wise mare.

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery] - by Calista - 10-26-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery] - by Calista - 12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: but nevermind [hieroglyph discovery] - by Rei - 12-03-2015, 01:53 AM