Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
Shake your mind from slowly sinking under
Warily he had watched her.

He saw the swelling of her sides, he knew what it meant. In the back of his mind he had wondered if she hadn't been on the root that mares used - the root that prevented such swelling. He had wondered, but never had he asked. That her sides did indeed swell was not in anyway a disappointment to him - if anything it was more of a blessing than he could have hoped for, aside from her continued existence. It was evidence, of a sort. Hard and cold fact, as opposed to Zero's ambiguous permanence in his life. He had not been there when the boy was born, and his paternity had never been, explicitly speaking, truly confirmed.

But this? This was them. Whatever was in Ampere was proof of those hot and fevered moments that had littered their path. Gaucho leaned on the idea that he would have a way of remembering the two of them together, in the face of whatever grew inside of the blue.

And so, he had watched her.

As she broke from the herd, moving down the coastline, Gaucho followed. He knew what was coming - he had been through it enough now, and yet ... yet with Ampere, it was so totally foreign. So wholly indistinct from any experience he had had with Sohalia. He knew not what Ampere wanted from him in these tender moments, and for once, that proved more disheartening than frustrating. He wanted to know what she wanted, but the intuitions were not there. Inside of himself was only the ever-burning fire he held for her, their untainted although imperfect love. But it did not come with instructions.

He heard her curse to the bird as she searched presumably for an optimal place to stop. However as soon as she dropped to her knees, Gaucho knew that his time for indecision was over. Although he hadn't yet thought of what Ampere needed from him, he knew that he needed to act.

Fire - the healing kind - rained down from the skies. The flames licked the parts of Ampere which were being violently appropriated by the life (no wait, lives) she was ushering into the world. Gaucho landed quickly, though ensured that the sand thrown from his hooves were cast away from mother and children.

Twins.

They really did run in his blood, apparently. Other than Zenobia, all of his offspring had come into the world with a partner in crime. Should either Ampere or Gaucho meditate on that thought, they might have wondered more about Hertz...

But for now, only Ampere invaded his thoughts. Her labored breathing, the sweat and strain on her body. She was a marvel, a true warrior, even in this. Gaucho's wings spread from his flanks to shield Ampere from any prying eyes who might have followed him - or her - here.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm only human - I crash and I break down - by Gaucho - 12-19-2015, 07:42 PM