the Rift

[OPEN] I'm only human - I crash and I break down

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
tae

I had to leave my life behind; I dug graves you'll never find
Tae had never been under the impression the soft blueish-tan walls of the circular world she found herself in, would be where she forever stayed. She knew, in the marrow of her bones, that there was more. For a while, she had been alert. She had not stirred often - she found quickly that pressing herself against the smooth curve of the eggshell was not effective, and so she kept her limbs and wings folded tightly around herself, and just waited.

Sometimes she listened to the rustle of her sister - and the sounds that were made when she exhaled, or when their eggs pressed against one another. How did she know the creature was her sister? She didn’t, exactly. At least not in the way that you and I know things. No. This was an older kind of knowing, an archaic sort of bond, that she simply felt, just as surely as she felt her own wings. The association was wordless and nameless - nothing more than a hostile light in her mind that rang true. But it did ring true. For the very first moments of her consciousness, the girl knew that she wasn’t alone.

Nor would she ever be.

As the muscles of Ampere contracted around her and her eggshell-ship began to move, Tae readied herself. She knew not what would happen next, only that it was happening. This was the thing that her body had been preparing itself for.

Suddenly light bled around her, and her pale eyes shut instinctively against this new sensation. The walls of the egg were thin enough that the difference between being in the womb, and being in the world, was completely different. She felt the shift in temperature, felt the way the egg freely rolled on the ground. But mostly importantly, she felt the egg’s weakness. Was it weaker? Or was she merely stronger?

It didn’t matter.

Her tiny hooves kicked against the eggshell prison, causing small cracks to form. Her wings pressed outwards, and instinctively her tiny mind urged her to put as much pressure on as many sides of the walls as she could. She was not planning on coming gently into this world.

As the egg splintered and cracked around her, and she eventually made her way into the light of life, immediately her jaw-marked skull twisted to find her sister.

Seeeestra her mind whispered, forming and making up a word to denote the thing she was bonded to. She didn't acknowledge her mother or her need for food. Instead, she looked for her life-buddy, and was pleased to see that she too had stumbled into the world.

@Grusha

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm only human - I crash and I break down - by Tae - 12-19-2015, 07:43 PM