the Rift

Before I lose my mind completely. [Xira]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

She wanted to fix things. Xira saw the hurt in his eyes but could say nothing to abate it. She wondered if it was truly only she that had hurt him, or if in his silence he had hurt himself. She heard him say her name and thought she heard his heart break- she took a few steps even further back, folded her wings and shook her head in disbelief. Surely Kye had been wrong, surely this was not true. For if it was, what was she to do? She couldn't even begin to tell him what she felt, whether it was the same or something vastly far from it. She couldn't even think the word, she never had before. She didn't ever think she'd felt the emotion that followed, unless... unless that was what this was? This mass of hurt and confusion that welled up and seemed to choke her, was that what he felt each time he looked at her, each time she turned to walk away?

She wanted him to tell her what to do or say. She was so used to being independent, so used to being alone and uncared for, that the mere possibility of being cared for and... loved, even, left her stunned. She wasn't sure she wanted it but she wasn't sure she didn't. She wanted someone else to decide, someone with more brains than the bird quietly chittering words of discouragement into her mind.

She wanted Andash to say more than just her name- to maybe say it aloud so she wouldn't have to learn from the falcon who had now glided down to perch upon the elbow of her wing. She kept her mouth open but still had nothing to say. Silence grew and for the first time in weeks Xira became aware of just how cold the Frostfall nights had become. Suddenly her thick and curly coat did nothing to protect her from it. The wind was sudden and relentless, the result instantaneous. She began to shiver, and with each shudder of her body came another of the soul.

She wanted to say something but didn't know what. All she could utter was a word that was barely a whisper, a word that wasn't even a word but a name. "Andash," she replied softly, her voice almost disappearing into the wind. Her eyes mirrored his hurt and brimmed with confusion.

She wanted to leave but she knew she had no chance- he stood as if to block her, and Xira wasn't even sure if she had the strength. She wouldn't want to fight him, not now. Maybe not ever anymore. She just spoke again, quieter still, her dark blue eyes seeming lost as they looked at him. "What do you want to say, Andash?" She asked him, looking smaller than before with crumpled wings and an abandoned, childish look across her features. He had to speak now, she had to hear him say those words that would determine the future for her. If he didn't, she wasn't sure what she'd do.

Messages In This Thread
Before I lose my mind completely. [Xira] - by Andash - 10-29-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Before I lose my mind completely. [Xira] - by Andash - 10-29-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: Before I lose my mind completely. [Xira] - by Xira - 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM
RE: Before I lose my mind completely. [Xira] - by Andash - 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM