the Rift

[OPEN] I'm only human - I crash and I break down

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Making Mama so proud,

But your voice is too loud.
For Zèklè, it was going to be a stressful day.

Zero had missed, like, a lot. He hadn't been home a lot recently, though, to be fair, things at home were a little bit strained since he'd tried to fight the tiger and wound up messing up his wing. He'd tried to be more independent since then, to get stronger and braver and smarter, though he'd quickly learned that that was hard to do alone. Zero liked having friends and spending time with others, which made his new desire to prove himself all by himself something of a struggle- so he'd finally come home, looking for Ma (who had been mysteriously and notedly absent of late. But so had he) because he had a lot of questions for her.

Little did he know, he was about to have a lot more.

He found Gaucho first, because Gaucho was a giant ball of fire who made his presence blatantly apparent wherever he went. Mild aggravation flickered across the lightning boy's face - he wanted to see Ma alone - and he considered turning back, trying his luck another day, but something kept him going. He was Ma's kid, after all, and not even Gaucho could keep him from his mother's side. Nothing could do that!

(Boy, was he in for a surprise)

Zero strode up confidently, his single wing pulled tight against his side, but as he neared the pair he paused. A frown crept across his face, confusion pushing down on his brow. Something was going on, something weird, because Ma was on the ground but Gaucho was standing so he could barely see her. Bewilderment filled his mind, followed by a terrible, sinking fear- "Ma?" he whispered, and his heart was in his throat and his blood was in his voice and his chest was suddenly hollow and pulsing in horrible terror. Was Ma sick? Was she dying? Was that why he hadn't seen her? Was it because of the tiger? Frozen, the child could only stare-

-and then he was running, stumbling toward her on shaking legs, pushing past Gaucho and yelling for her ("Ma!") only to find that- that-

-(oh, shit.)

Zero knew eggs. He knew all about eggs. He'd spent a significant portion of life in one, after all, and though that time he'd been on the inside looking out, he felt a sinking familiarity now as he watched spiderweb cracks form on the outside of those small, small houses for even smaller bodies. How...? But he knew how. He knew what this meant. He just didn't want to.

His sunbeam and silver gaze flickered between his mothers and her eggs, and in a single word he voiced a million, billion questions that drummed around his head.

"Ma?"

He stared, transfixed, as his sisters broke free into the world, mouth hanging slack with confused disbelief. They were so tiny, so delicate, and the boy felt a sudden, bewildering surge of jealous protectiveness, a need to scoop them up and take them away coupled with a desire to push them out of the picture and talk to his Ma because why hadn't she told him? Wasn't he her son? Shouldn't they have at least talked about this?

Silent and dumbfounded and angry and hurt and lost and betrayed and bewildered and a slew of other things, the older child (brother, now) stood among his makeshift family, completely at a loss for what to do or say, shocked into silence for once in his life.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm only human - I crash and I break down - by Zèklè - 12-21-2015, 03:41 PM