the Rift

[OPEN] Thunder Drums [JOINING]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera & Asavvi

As was usual, the young(and woefully inexperienced) filly was predisposed to be pleased with everything and everyone she came into contact with. Though the stallion that spoke to her was a veritable war-beast, she smiled up at him, listening attentively to his question. She shook her head mildly at his inquiry and responded in the young that seemed more natural on his voice. “Vo. Vosma ave anni dothrakhqoyi. Me ezzolar lekh dothrak.”

Asavvi turned here kind grey eyes—as Gwaihir turned his wary gold ones—toward the form of the green-patterned mare and her companion as they appeared and they widened, bright with delight at the new discovery of the floating water-being. Quickly, though, she remembered her manners and stopped goggling to give the two a polite little bow. “Good evening!” The mare spoke in her own strange manner, and the little filly became even more enthralled. Her head fell slightly to onside and she soaked in the new patterns and phrasings that Leader used to introduce herself and her companion. “Mineself tis pleased to meet..ye, Miss Laedere.” she said, trying to imitate the style and grinning up at the mare. “My father speaks well of you—” she broke off in a peal of delighted laughter as the dolphin reached her.

“Asavvi.” The call came through the cool night air as the Sultana approached the gathering from the north. Megaera’s voice was perhaps a bit sharp, but not unfriendly, and the girls head snapped around toward her mother in an instant. Done with her nightly patrol, Meg sized up the cluster of bodies that surrounded her little girl-too many she did not know. Since the eagle had raised no alarm she remained relaxed, but was still determined to investigate strangers in her home. The very way she carried herself spoke volumes, ‘you’re welcome here’ said the pleasant expression on her face; ‘I’m fucking in charge’ said her warrior’s step and proudly arched neck. Stopping, she sent a quick nod at Gwaihir, who returned it before spreading his wings and disappeared into the night to hunt. Asavvi scurried and tucked herself under Meg’s wing, murmuring a contented “Mai.” and settling herself to watch the proceedings.

The sultana had a nod of hello for her herd mates before focusing her attention on the decorated stallion. She had caught the tail end of the conversation, enough at least to recognize the speech of her mate’s people and his wish to join their ranks. “M’ath. My name is Megaera, I am Khaleesi here, as you would say, though it is ‘Sultana’ by local reckoning. What brings you to our home?” Meg waited for the dismissal of her gender, waited to crush it. She was quite familiar with the stallion’s culture, for both Gaucho and Einarr had come from the same blood, and besides her children the two stallions were first in her heart; one her foundation the other her fire. Her affection for them, however did not change the fact that both her brutal, hard-headed idiots from a male-dominated tribe….She’d see how this one measured up to them.

"Megaera"
"Asavvi"
ooc: Meg'll drop in in a bit to get around to accepting people :)
Dothraki Translations:
- Vo. Vosma ave anni dothrakhqoyi. Me ezzolar lekh dothrak. - No, but my father is a bloodrider, he taught me [the language].
- mai - mother
- m’ath - hello

"You may be as different as the sun and the moon

but the same blood flows through both your

hearts. You need her, as she needs you...”
image credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Draevo - 12-19-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Riel - 12-21-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Asavvi - 12-22-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Draevo - 12-22-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Laedere - 12-25-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Megaera - 01-04-2016, 10:22 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Draevo - 01-13-2016, 12:10 AM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Megaera - 01-20-2016, 12:11 AM