the Rift

[OPEN] ghosts on the doorstep [return/rejoin]

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

The grey brute’s gaze crept carefully across the frozen landscape.  To some, such a vista would be off-putting.  But to Calder, the snow and ice was a profound comfort.  When the cool wind blew from the north, he hardly felt the bitter wind. The biting cold reminded him of the warm embrace of the family he had lost.  It was backwards and confusing, but memories were all Calder had left of them.  He treasured every moment of sensory memory – every pinprick of cold against warm flesh that triggered some flash of a moment long past in his mind.  This place - these stark, frozen mountains – held within them more promise than the greenest, most fertile pastures in Helovia.

He’s stirred from his perusal of the scenery by movement.  The stallion had known that his presence wouldn’t have gone unnoticed for long.  Borders were not left unguarded, especially those that were protected by enormous metal beasts like these lands.  Helovian’s were not a complacent people.  Calder dipped his head in polite greeting as the little golden mare – Rexanna – drew near.  ”Hello, Rexanna. I hope today finds ye well,” the stallion offered, politely.  He couldn’t help but wonder why this mare’s mate had allowed her to wander off on her own in her condition.  But one thing he had learned about Helovia is that more mare were independent like his sister rather than hiding behind the strength of stallions like most had done home on the mountain.  He still had so much to learn about this place…

Better he keep his thoughts and observations to himself instead of making an utter arse of himself in front of the Basin’s women.  And speaking of, he seemed to have drawn the attention of more than one of the Basin’s residents.  Now Rexanna’s coloring was strange enough to the grey stallion, but Ming Yue’s was almost beyond his comprehension.  He had never encountered a unicorn in such a color before. Calder liked to imagine he handled the situation rather smoothly though, dipping his head to the mare, and offering her a greeting as well. “Yer not intruding at all lass, I’ve only just come back and Rexanna’s just come to see what the fuss is about,” he said in the rolling, rhythmic voice of his.

“Good to meet ye both.  I’m Calder.” His bright blue eyes danced between the two – filled with curiosity. However he assumed that they’d probably want to know why he’d gone and shown up at their door, so to speak.

“I came to the Basin seasons ago, but was unable to stay because there was a chance my sister was here in Helovia and I went off looking for her.  I’ve nae found any trace of the lass, so there’s no use in searchin’ til my bones ache. It was time to come back here and give it an honest go.  Do ye think they’d have me back?”  He let out a soft huff as he finished before raising his eyes and offering the two mares a soft smile.  He wasn’t particularly proud of himself for picking a home and having to abandon it just as quickly, but it was the honest truth.  That had to be worth something. 

Right?  

-- C A L D E R --

tags: @Rexanna @Ming Yue 
image credit

Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Messages In This Thread
RE: ghosts on the doorstep [return/rejoin] - by Calder - 01-11-2016, 12:03 AM