the Rift

[OPEN] No, I summon YOU

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

"The reason dogs and wolves diverged in their ancestral lineages, is because one of them decided they were alright with commands and the novelties associated with being trained, and the other didn't. Wolves stayed feral precisely because they decided listening to commands was a tad out of their long-term plans."

They wanted wolves as pets? That's what it sounded like to the God.

"I give you a mountain of solitude, and you want to enslave wolves." The God muttered to himself, shaking his head. Oh sure, he understood the draw of the plan. But he hadn't allowed wolves to litter the landscape just to be enslaved. "They will not listen to you. They will not learn your passwords, nor will I force them to. " He muttered, internally grumbling to himself about mortals and their plans. Why hadn't they just asked him in the first place? Why hadn't they just said they wanted more protection, and left it to him? If slavery was off the table, the God might have been amused at the smallness of the mortals, trying to conduct their own fates. But as it was, he wasn't. He had just fought off a hoard of Riftian Gods after all.  He was not necessarily in the mood for this.

"You will not touch the wolves here, but you will learn to respect them, if for no other reason than to appreciate the stupidity of what you have asked.  There is a pack not too far from here ... I want you to hunt for them, want to you clear the land of some of their natural predators, and I want you to watch them. Learn from them what you can. Once you have done this - and I do mean all of you, we shall see what is to become of your request."

Sorry for the delay, we were working out how these quests will work from here on out. So a few notes:

1. There is no time limit - take as long as you want. The only way this quest will 'end' is if there is an invasion and you are no longer in control of the Basin
2. All of your 'ranked characters' (that is, everyone with rank magic) MUST POST TWICE. **NOTE** All of your ranked positions MUST BE FILLED. So 5 warriors, 3 healers, 2 crafters, etc.
3. 50% of your unranked members (so all those not included in 2) must post AT LEAST ONCE. There are 33 members of the AB as of this posting. Once your rank-magic ranks are filled (a total of 15), you will need to have 9 other members post. ([33-15]/2)

If someone with a ranked position is unable to post, skype/PM us and we'll talk about how demotions for this sort of thing work.

Your herd quest
Sparky wants the Basin to gain appreciation and respect for the animals that they tentatively want to enslave (in his opinion). He wants you to feed the wolves (so threads could be about capturing and killing things for them to eat, and/or delivering/placing food for them), help eliminate some of their predators (maybe you could utilize the NPC account and help kill an abominable snow monster thats been harassing them), and he wants you to just generally watch and learn about them.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Messages In This Thread
No, I summon YOU - by God of the Spark - 11-08-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Rhea - 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by God of the Spark - 11-08-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Rhea - 11-08-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Ashamin - 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Öde - 11-11-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by God of the Spark - 11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Deimos - 11-15-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: No, I summon YOU - by Öde - 11-28-2015, 01:29 AM