the Rift

A Moment in Peace (Open)

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

S.v.e.t.l.a.n.A
je aime les crows

It was a fact. I needed to meet the members of my lovely herd. It was my duty, and my responsibility, to meet each individual and to have a relationship with them, no matter how new, bad-tempered, or old they were. It was too cold to be flying. This morning, after a brief try, I had, annoyed, settled down to preen my frosted wings, clean them of the clinging ice. So I had to walk, my least favorite activity. Sparring, fighting, flying, attacking, galloping, taking off, landing- whichever, but walking? Slow, boring, and altogether not fast enough for me. I had been walking across the snow-laden hills, taking a new perspective in the lands I always flew over, to come across a horse.

Now, horses had always held a mixed reputation in my mind, although I always tried to give them a clean slate. It was hard, after being born into a country where pegasi were supreme rulers, to think them of equals, but I did try my best, and I never let supremacy into my voice. Never. I approached. The scent of the Foothills- a pine-fresh, oaken scent, hung around him. Part of my herd. No reason to chase him away. I watched his black hoof break through the snow crusting the earth, watched his ebony muzzle sniff to find bare dirt, heard the rumble of his stomach. "Good morning." I greeted him.

""

Messages In This Thread
A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Zamoro - 10-28-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Svetlana - 11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Zamoro - 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Svetlana - 11-01-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Zamoro - 11-19-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Svetlana - 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM
RE: A Moment in Peace (Open) - by Zamoro - 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM